73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Interior & Equipment

Leak On Cab Floor

<< < (2/4) > >>

JohnnyPopper:
Yeah Jon, I think you running water on her will tell the tale. May not be a quick task, but there should not be water where it's going.

Jon87V20:

--- Quote from: JohnnyPopper on April 16, 2022, 10:51:20 PM ---Yeah Jon, I think you running water on her will tell the tale. May not be a quick task, but there should not be water where it's going.

--- End quote ---
Okay. I'll probably go out and run operation garden hose today and see what happens. Thanks!

Jon87V20:
Quick update: I let the hose run into the cowl and water came pouring out of the screw holes for the kick panel on the driver side (I have them all removed other than one that is giving me a hard time, and on the rear-most screw on the passenger side (all of the screws are still in on that one). There has to be a clog somewhere right?

JohnnyPopper:
Yes, most likely at the bottom between the fender and the body.

Jon87V20:
Pretty sure I figured it out. When I cleaned under the cowl before, I didn't look far enough down into the sides. There was some extremely compacted pine needles and other crap stuck in the passenger side. It was causing the water to overflow over the little wall in there and pour down into the cabin where the air vent is. The driver side is really hard to access and look into. I jammed a wire hanger down in there and blasted both sides with compressed air. When I ran the hose again, nothing came inside so I think it's good to go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version