Author Topic: Vacuum Leak  (Read 6054 times)

Offline 75gmck25

• Frequent Member
  • 1975 GMC K25 Camper Special, 350/TH350/NP203
Re: Vacuum Leak
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2018, 10:39:40 AM »
I've got photos of everything, but when I tried to upload them they were too large.  I have to figure out the easiest way to downsize them so they can be posted.

Bruce

Offline augustdiesel

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2018, 11:50:14 AM »
I've got photos of everything, but when I tried to upload them they were too large.  I have to figure out the easiest way to downsize them so they can be posted.

Bruce

Well here you go, looks like the vacuum hose come out of the air cleaner into a 3-way splitter (which has some harness connections to it) then connects to a "canister" then splits off and goes to, what I'm guessing is, the vacuum pump on the front of the engine block (via underneath the air compressor bracket) and the little hose goes into the dash behind the glove box. Several of these hoses are dried/cracked/broken, so I will probably replace all of them and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline augustdiesel

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2018, 04:32:55 PM »
Got it done. New hoses installed. Also, discovered the rod behind the glove box that’s disconnected is actually the rod that closes the door to the floor vent. So got it reconnected and positioned so that it blows full blast out the dash vents. Still don’t really have defrost, but have been without defrost for a couple years without any issues so that can continue to wait. Having the cold air blow out the dash vents at full blast is most important in this Florida heat and humidity!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2018, 11:27:53 PM »
Looks like the plastic Air Distributor Adjusting Link Connector is broken.
Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)