Author Topic: Stay out of my yard...  (Read 11157 times)

Offline frotosride

• WFO CONCEPTS
Re: Stay out of my yard...
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2013, 12:05:07 PM »
Ok, so i got the set up right and we had a big storm the other night and none of the bushes or trees set it off. My dog on the other hand was so scared that she wouldn't go back outside. We had another incident two days ago but I hadn't set the light or alarm up yet! I can't wait to hear the screams of a not so innocent victum....
"Beat it like a red-headed ford"
1987 v10 Silverado(LQ4), 87 R10,83 K20, 83 cucv 6.2 Detroit
2006 Boulevard M109R 109 cid,2019 M109R BOSS
2009 Jeep XK, (future LS Swap)
GSXR 750 engine awaiting go kart

Offline velojym

• Frequent Member
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2013, 12:34:51 PM »
I've often thought of the idea of wiring Earl's headlights and horn to a motion detector. Usually, the truck is parked where nobody has any business without our say-so, and a nighttime visitor walking across the front of my truck, to be splashed with light and sound, would be awesome. I could even throw in some loud engine and braking noise too... hehehehehehehehe

It'd also be a great Halloween prank...

Offline bobcooter

• 1979 Scottsdale C-20
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2013, 07:32:37 PM »
Discouraging someone is one thing. Causing physical harm or worse is unbelievable.  Is a possesion worth maiming or killing someone over? Not to me...
Call me simple minded if you want to. But I believe if a man goes someplace he knows dang well he has no business going, like inside your house or shop or car he deserves whatever happens to him. Shot by a gun, cut with razor blades, beat with a ball bat, chewed up by a mean dog or anything else. In the end he only has himself to blame. But nowadays everything is always someones else's fault.
It seems like everything I was taught growing up that was right is now wrong and everything I was taught that was wrong is now right.
'79 C-20, 350/400, 3:73 gears, 9 leafs and a headache rack
Favorite Quote, "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from poor judgement."

Offline velojym

• Frequent Member
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2013, 12:39:10 AM »
Honestly, the LAST thing I'd want to do is to kill someone... well... not the *last*... that would be for anyone in my family, myself included, to come to harm. All the same, if I can show ol' Roscoe to the intruders, and they run away never to come back, I'd be a happy camper. Not all that unlikely, either, as it's been studied, and the number of successful firearms defenses are anywhere between 800,000 (antigun bureaucrat number) all the way to 2.5 million (Gary Kleck, whose only crime against his liberal employers was that honest research changed his mind), a vast majority of them never involved a shot being fired (and a few, either missed or warning shots).
Heck. Since criminals are such cowards, just having something that resembles a gun will statistically have 'em running for the hills.
I wouldn't advise that, though... if a baddie were desperate enough, or otherwise emboldened, you want something to send his way.