Author Topic: Need help with "correct" 95' k2500 tbi454/4l80e harness connectors  (Read 1453 times)

Offline MuddiGGEr25

• Registered Users
  • Wrencher
Need help with "correct" 95' k2500 tbi454/4l80e harness connectors
« on: September 29, 2017, 09:16:26 PM »
i have google searched for weeks and no one seems to have the correct pinout for a 1995 tbi with the 454/4L80E, i have found the 305,350 pinouts and they are similar but not close enough.

I specifically need help with the transmission harness that comes down, i have 3 connectors for speed sensors and (after saturday) have 3 to plug into.

I know the general consensus is that gm did not have a ISS AND OSS on the 1995 4L80E, BUT i have both, and with them both connected as i do right now i was able to shift from 1st to 2nd but due to a bad 2-3 solenoid i never got past 2nd gear. I am ordering those solenoids tomorrow but im sure they wont arrive until late next week anyway.

I do have a DRAC module attached to my PCM bracket, but i did not know to get the connectors for it because i was under the impression at the time of purchase that it was only responsible for speedo and cruise control signal.

That being said I have followed the entire harness i recieved and cannot find the connectors so they must have still been in the truck, so i am assuming they pass through the firewall with the bundle of wires on the drivers side??? but not sure which ones.

I am to understand that the DRAC does the above functions but also converts the square wave from the VSS on the tcase to an AC sine wave for the PCM and helps it compute shift points and determine if there is any slipping in the trans that shouldnt be.

Now back to my issue, i have the following wires and connectors running to the trans (besides the 2 primary connectors, which ive already verified are working)

(pics are attached for reference of which connectors im talking about)

Coming out of the main wire loom for the transmission:

Red with black stripe and blue with white stripe, twisted pair, has 2 pin type "A" connector, and i believe this to be the ISS since i can follow these 2 wires directly to the PCM connectors.

Green with white stripe, and purple with black stripe, not stranded and used to have a 2 pin type B connector but now has the type A instead so i could connect it to the OSS.

Now there is a 2nd batch of wires coming down from the main harness, im not sure if they are even supposed to be down here or not

3 wire connector:

brown
tan w/black stripe
grenn

2 wire type B long enough to reach right next to the trans:
Green w/white stripe
purple w/black stripe

and lastly a 2pin type A and it is pretty far up there like only reaches a hair past the exhaust manifold

green w/white stripe
purple w/black stripe

the last one is really hard to see but im 90% sure those are the correct colors.

I am beginning to suspect the 2nd run of wires arent even supposed to be down there and just followed the trans loom when i put it in the truck, and the 2nd set of wires coming out of the transmission loom go up to the firewall and are supposed to go to the DRAC, but dont know how to wire that up, i previously traced something all the way back to the PCM but dont remember anymore and dont have any of my notes either.
1988 V10 Suburban 5.7L TBI/TH350 39K on rebuild 4.10AR GM14FF/GM10SF 235/85R16 & 18.4-16.1

1988 V20 Suburban 6.2L-J/TH400 CA truck, 125K G80 14FF/ GM10 4.10AR GVWR 8,600

1977 Ford Granada ~450HP 302 2bbl/C4 27K original 2.47 215/70R14