Author Topic: Paint and Paint Code Questions for 1987 Chevy Trucks  (Read 2149 times)

Offline Logan87

• New Users
Paint and Paint Code Questions for 1987 Chevy Trucks
« on: March 08, 2018, 08:08:25 PM »
Hello All from Logan87!,

This is my first post on this forum so please be gentle.  I have a couple of questions that I have researched but have been unable to find conclusive answers.  I recently purchased an "interesting" 1987 Chevy Scottsdale R10.  It is a two tone 19U Midnight Black roof/lower and 67 Nevada Gold Metallic most of the body/bed.  I am planning on restoring the truck and have been researching the Code 67 Nevada Gold Metallic color.  Unfortunately, I do not have a WA paint code to reference on the truck.  Apparently, it is a possibility that sometime in 1987 this color changed names to Saddle Metallic.  Does anyone know this as fact and/or point me to a source that might be of assistance for helping me in my quest?  I do know that "Nevada Gold" was a (rare) color for Range Rover during roughly the same period (mid-to-late 1980s).  My other question is how common was the gold/black combination on Chevy's two tone paint schemes?  It seems pretty hard to find a picture of another truck like mine.  The closest scheme is on special editions like the GMC Gentleman Jim.  Was this a two tone paint orientation that Chevy "saved" for special editions or just not enough demand for the gold color from the public?  I understand exact records were not kept on paint colors regarding these trucks.  Thanks for any assistance in advance.

Offline Rapid Roy

• Euless, Texas
Re: Paint and Paint Code Questions for 1987 Chevy Trucks
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 09:12:33 PM »
Welcome to the site
1974 Cheyenne 10 LWB STOCK 350 W HEI /TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
Mopar by Birth
Chevy by Choice

Offline zieg85

• Global Moderator
    • 73-87 GM squarebody extended cab and conversions up to 91 R/V series
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 08:27:36 AM »
One thing I do know is the color names did change quite a bit but the color if the same code was the same.  As for the rarity of the color combo it is anyone's guess.
Carl 
1985 C20 Scottsdale 7.4L 4 speed 3.21
1986 C10 under construction
https://www.facebook.com/groups/248658382003506/

Offline Logan87

• New Users
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 05:21:38 PM »
Thanks for the welcome Rapid Roy.  Nice truck you have there...   I have been told that the WA paint code can vary within the two digit GM code (i.e. the WA code can be different under the same two digit GM paint code under varying color names).  Is this information correct?