Author Topic: Connections go to...?  (Read 1208 times)

Offline Scott91370

Connections go to...?
« on: September 18, 2020, 11:34:11 AM »
I have an 85 Sierra Classic cab that is going on an 82 Sierra chassis/engine/trans. Everything was unhooked when I got it because there was no engine These wires come out of the fire wall then magically multiply and end in these 3 plugs which I have no idea were they go (Let's say 2, the white square 4 pin is transmission). None of the diagrams I have found show this.

Then there is this plug  that comes out of the firewall directly under the bulkhead connector.  There is a large (vacuum) hose and the connector.  This one I think may be the cruise control but I don't have anything to hook it to compare the connection.  Not sure where it may have gone...

Thanks in advance!!

Offline Mike81K10

• Site Supporters
Re: Connections go to...?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2020, 04:46:20 PM »
I your second picture, the top one goes to your oil sensor just above the oil filter. Not sure off hand on the others.
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Offline Scott91370

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 05:53:42 PM »
Similar plug but my diagram shows it is a 3 wire that goes there with pink/white, dark blue, light blue then the light blue goes to the choke heater once there is pressure.  Which I have found and connected there.  Of course it isn't running so I don't know if the gauges will work.

All this 'extra' wiring is quite confusing.  I wish I could find a truck exactly like mine that hadn't been messed with so I could look under it and take TONS of pictures.

Offline Mike81K10

• Site Supporters
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2020, 08:25:29 PM »
Three wires but only two contacts inside. I believe, two of the wires in the original goes to one of the contacts and the other wire to the other contact. I have only found after market plugs with two wires. Have not been able to find a three wire/two contact plug.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 10:29:40 PM by Mike81K10 »
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin