Author Topic: I looking for disc brakes  (Read 2943 times)

Offline pig rig

I looking for disc brakes
« on: July 26, 2006, 02:21:00 PM »
I WANT oversized rear disc brakes on my 1/2t  dose any one make a kit for this application
the rear end is out of a 85 chev its a 12 bolt posi. i've found lots of kits for the front up grade but nothing for the rear

Offline roundedline

• Administrator
Re: I looking for disc brakes
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 01:57:00 PM »
Baer makes a ful replacement kit for these, make sure you tell them it is a 85 with a 12bolt as they didnt' come that way.

www.baer.com/

www.stainlesssteelbrakes.com/ also has a some.

On a side note, HUGE rear brake rotors are going to be justified as you only need about a 10" rotor for discs.

Chris Lucas
www.73-87chevytrucks.com
www.captkaoscustoms.com
Project Su
Jimmy 2WD Project

Offline pig rig

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 10:07:00 AM »
Well I had already talked to bear and ssb and this is what I was told ssb makes a kit but its dose not use larger rotters
bear dose not make a kit but you can make up a break set up from their parts I thought some one on here might have done this and knew who to call  

Offline roundedline

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 01:27:00 PM »
You want Oversize rear brakes.  No one will makes a kit to sell to the public with oversize rear disc because on the rear of a pickup it is overkill.  That is why both said they don't have OVERSIZE rear rotors and Baer said you would have to piece it together.

Chris Lucas
www.73-87chevytrucks.com
www.captkaoscustoms.com
Project Su
Jimmy 2WD Project

Offline RSBAD454

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 08:01:00 AM »
Most of your stopping power is in the front in case you didn't know. As stated above, big rear brake rotors will be over kill and you will gain nothing as far as stopping power.  

Toys are my game

“If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are.”
http://prosites-prs.homestead.com/
http://

Offline xtremjeepn

• Registered Users
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2006, 01:42:00 PM »
I would go ask/search this question on ColoradoK5.com or Pirate4x4.com. There are many ways to put rear disks on that are pretty cheap. The 4wheelers do it all the time and there are many parts available.  

Cole
Restomod Crew Cab Short box on 37"s

Offline roundedline

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 02:31:00 PM »
This user is banned, so he won't respond to replies.  4x4 owners can use TSM brake systems, if they just want rear discs.

Chris Lucas
www.73-87chevytrucks.com
www.captkaoscustoms.com
Project Su
Jimmy 2WD Project