Author Topic: Help with NP203 Transfer Case Assembly  (Read 1827 times)

Offline 86ShortSquare

• New Users
  • Bald Eagle
Help with NP203 Transfer Case Assembly
« on: February 13, 2020, 05:30:44 PM »
Yes I have a question on putting a 203 shifter back together? Didn’t know if u could walk me throw it! I got confused on the pictures u posted. I’m pretty sure I have all the parts for it, I just took it apart to clean it up since it came out of a junk yard. I usually always take pictures of how things came apart to put them back together but I think I was just overly excited that I actually found a shifter for this transfer case and I just forgot! Or if there is any step by step videos out there I’d really appreciate any help you can offer! Thank you

Offline 86ShortSquare

• New Users
  • Bald Eagle
Np203 Transfer Case Shifter !!!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 05:56:32 PM »
Yes I have a question on putting a 203 shifter back together? Didn’t know if anyone could walk me throw it! I’m pretty sure I have all the parts for it, I just took it apart to clean it up since it came out of a junk yard. I usually always take pictures of how things came apart to put them back together but I think I was just overly excited that I actually found a shifter for this transfer case and I just forgot! Or if there is any step by step videos out there I’d really appreciate any help you can offer! Thank you

Offline SilverMiner

Re: Help with NP203 Transfer Case Assembly
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 07:50:07 PM »
I'll give your thread a bump, but sadly I have no useful info to offer on 203 shifter reassembly. One suggestion I'd make is renaming your thread or starting a new one with a better subject line - what you want to put back together is the shifter rather than the entire transfer case. Casual readers here who may even have an answer for you won't read thinking you want to know how to assemble the entire case. There are a number of sites and youtube videos on reassembling the case, but I'm not aware of any specific to the shifter.

HOWEVER - there is hope. Even if you never find out how to put your shifter back together, if your back is against the wall you can purchase a new and even better shifter from the great fellows at OffRoad Design. They sell a twin stick conversion https://www.offroaddesign.com/np203-twin-stick-shifter.html that is arguably vastly superior to the stock box even if it were in perfect condition.

Something to consider.

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes