Author Topic: might be trading the 2002  (Read 2709 times)

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
might be trading the 2002
« on: September 22, 2016, 11:50:50 PM »
i know i just got the 2002 1500 4x4 4.8 ext cab with something like 210,000. but its not working out with kids that well they dont fit in the back seat real good due to leg room. they were alright when the little one wasnt walking but now her legs are longer. but anyway i was surfing craigs list and came accross a 2006 dirty max 2500HD 4x4 with 200,000. the guy was asking 16500. told him i wasnt going to waist his time nor mine and was thinking the truck was worth 13000 max in excellent condition.

only cosmetic damage is on the front of the hood where its peeling (bug shield would cover). he says it needs tires and brakes which he has. then he says hes looking to get another truck a 90s 1500 for cruising around in. tell him i have one but its the wifes first truck and she would kill me. then i say the only other thing is the 2002. send him pics. needs rockers but he seams ok with it. so my 2002 blue books for 4k in fair condition, i wouldt pay 4k for it but thats what kbb says. so i might be able to get the 2006 for my trade plus 9-10K. good deal?
this dirty max is the lbz the last one before all the emissions crap and i havnt heard anything bad about it. has anyone else?
by looks it looks like its not been lifted or screwed around with the guy said its all stock except the exhaust. this is for the wife  ::) till i get the impala back on the road. which might be pretty soon so i can drive this truck lol
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
Re: might be trading the 2002
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 11:51:47 PM »
heres my turd i only paid 1200 for it and put 200 worth of parts on it to pass inspection. so if he gives me 3k ill be really happy, might be able to get 4 out of it idk
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 11:53:34 PM by Irish_Alley »

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline LTZ C20

• "I'm here for a good time" -George Strait
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 09:13:55 PM »
The LBZ is a great engine, but so are all duramax's. The difference between the others and the LBZ (aside from minor production line changes) in anything with a vin code 06 engine is the extra hp, which I believe is about 85 hp. That being said, brand new diesels, because they comply with the newest emissions standards and utilize DEF, they are allowed large gains in power. Which is why a new Duramax has over 100hp more than older model duramax's. Regardless of year, I would always favor a dirty max over a gas engine if available. The gas engine, has the possibility of reaching 300k miles if maintained properly and you get lucky, possibly 400k but that's probably not gonna happen. We don't see that much. The Duramax engines on the other hand I would not hesitate to expect 400k miles. I've seen handfuls with well over 300k and many with well over 400k. I would get the D-max. (And to be dead honest, I wish I had put a diesel of some kind in my truck the first time I replaced the engine.) When I was a teen, I didn't much care for them, now I very much like them and prefer them over gas engines if a vehicle can be had with one. If someone offered me a running donor vehicle for dirt cheap that was a diesel, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it and swap everything over.
LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 10:37:35 PM »
so the lbz 360hp and 650tq
LMM is 365hp 660tq
LML is 397hp and 765tq

man i tell you i cant wait to get the impala back on the road so i can claim this truck lol. meeting him tomorrow. think ill offer him 8k and my truck, fair on mine is 4000 and good on his truck is 11500 very good is 12500

Offline LTZ C20

• "I'm here for a good time" -George Strait
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 10:47:55 AM »
Sounds like a plan.
LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline fitz

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 04:06:03 PM »
Did you get the duramax today?

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2016, 07:27:59 AM »
nope not yet. went and met with him, took each others trucks for a test drive. it was a good thing, he pointed out all the bad things like the bed floor crossmembers that needed replacing. i did misunderstand him about the tires. it does need new tires but he doesnt have them. so i offered him 8k and he said thats what he was thinking. but he would like to get more cash out of the deal, this is why he was asking for a 90s pickup (about 2k) instead of mine worth (8K). after i gave him that number he said he told another guy that he'll give him a chance to look at it and would let me know how it goes by monday.

the truck has pulled a boat around and has sean salt water. the frame had rust but didnt look too bad, the inside and under the hood looked clean. not spotless but in good condition, he duck hunts and kept his dogs in the back seat with the seat down.

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 09:31:40 PM »
Talked to the guy today. Someone is coming to look at it Thursday and offered 14k. It's either he's messing with me or the other guys is an idiot for wanting to pay over blue book value for something that needs new tires

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 10:27:55 AM »
well guess he sold it for 15k. so even if it only blue booked for 12 some idiots are willing to pay over just cause of the motor. i dont want to deal with a dealership but i have found a couple others. one with 61k for 27k and another for 87 for 25k. the one for 25 is a chevy lt1

the other is a GMC loaded with a sunroof and all the good stuff

the gmc is only 20 min away while the chevy is 3 hours away