Author Topic: NOS Any opininos  (Read 2591 times)

Offline OLDRED

NOS Any opininos
« on: January 03, 2005, 09:47:00 PM »
I have a stock 454 recently rebuilt with no build sheet so I don't think it has any thing special inside. Now it has headers,MSD ignition,dual 3'' exhaust. I have been looking at edelbrock NOS A friend said it was illegal to use on the street not that I care;)  I am more interested in opinions seems like cheap horsepower8)  

Offline shortchevy84

Re: NOS Any opininos
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 12:25:00 AM »
personally, i wouldn't put nos in. u've got a 454 so use its potential rather than putting in a better fuel mixture that always has to be refilled if your going to use it. get a big cam, good heads, and intake, all with matching rpm. you already got the exhaust and ignition covered. if you don't have the money for all new heads, look at replacing the stock rockers with roller rockers. i'm looking at all the same stuff now for my 350. and am currently getting as much help from ppl off this website as possible. the only way you should go with nos is if you have the upgraded engine and still want more power. or if you are racing it at a strip. but as far as i'm concerned, its better to have the good engine that makes raw power, rather then just injecting it with nos. anyone can do that. but thats just my 2 cents. good luck either way you choose

Offline roundedline

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 04:04:00 PM »
While it is possible if you stay conservative, I couldn't recommend going much more that a 100 shot, and even then, I would be reluctant.  I would put the money in something that won't run out after a while, the valvetrain.

Chris Lucas
www.73-87chevytrucks.com
www.captkaoscustoms.com
Project Su
Jimmy 2WD Project

Offline OLDRED

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2005, 01:43:00 PM »
OK I think I'LL take your advice and putt the money in heads,intake,carb.  checking out edelbrock heads 60459 performer rpm, edelbrock intake 7164 rpm Qjet, edelbrock Qjet 1902. any opinions? a friend thought the 850cfm might a Little rich for Utah's altitude 4500feet? All so looking at banks twin turbo?  But that might blow budget want to finish this summer and have body and chassis to do. Thanks for any advice::D