73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Suburbans

89 burban low back end towing

(1/2) > >>

aggiedave98:
I've got an '89 Suburban with a low back end.  I also tow a 17' I/O boat though.

What's the best way for me to lift the back?  Is 2" blocks still the best?

Also, I need to get new shocks.  Any recommendations?  Should I get air shocks for towing?

Thanks.

73K20:
Though 2' blocks are the easiest fix i would recommend either getting new spring packs or at least adding an add-a-leaf to the current springs.  The down side of blocks are that they cause axle wrap and under heavy towing conditions and such this can place alot of extra stress on the springs. 1973 K20 - 350/350/205

cimfth:
My dad has an 88 gmc sub with air shocks. helps out alot because you don't have have stiff ass springs.  We relaced the monroe air shocks that were on with Gabriel Hi-Jackers. I think they max at 120 psi. So far they work really good for towing. You can get them out of JC Whitney for a decent price hope this helps  

aggiedave98:
If I use air shocks, can I get by with the existing leaf springs?  Is there any downside to that?  

Which ones did you get from JC-Whitney?  There seems to be a lot there.  Can you post the link to it or the part #?

Thanks.

Unixluv:

I would also upgrade the springs.  Add-a-leaf would work.  I have blown out a bladder on air shocks by not changing the springs.

www.jcwhitney.com/product...9585&BQ=sv

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version