Author Topic: problem with th350  (Read 1822 times)

Offline greenmonster

• Registered Users
problem with th350
« on: May 05, 2008, 09:00:30 PM »
Some times when it is cold I take off and on to the store that is two blocks away and everything is fine.When I come out and put the truck in reverse it does nothing.If I shift to drive it does nothing,I have to shift from drive to reverse three or four time then it work fine for the rest of the day.When i bought the truck I was told it was rebuilt and it has a shift kit in it.I've put 4000 miles on it and the fluid is still bright red and it shifts great besides this problem.

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
Re: problem with th350
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 10:15:01 PM »
How's the fluid level?
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline greenmonster

• Registered Users
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 10:17:38 PM »
it reads full but it has a crome stick and tube so I don't if it is correct.How do I tell if it is

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 06:06:05 AM »
I had a TH 350 that did similar. When cold it would go into reverse, & forward fine. Once it got hot id had no revers unless you put in a forward gear, then as soon as it moved go directly into reverse. It would back fine then, no slipping at all. Turns out on the rebuild there are two snap rings that lock onto them selves on the pump. The end broke off of the one for reverse, causing to not have fluid pressure to the trans from the pump. When shifting it from forward the fluid pressure didn't drop very much and would stay up enough to power reverse.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs