Author Topic: Who makes a decent headliner?  (Read 4024 times)

Offline Bucks87silver

Who makes a decent headliner?
« on: December 16, 2005, 04:57:00 PM »
I'm shopping for clues as to who makes decent replacement headliners. I have an 87 Silverado and I attempted redoing mine with black vinyl. It worked great for a couple of months when some air bubbles have cropped up again from the glue not holding. I'm almost tempted to fiberglass it but looking for input from anyone who has found good replacements. Thanks

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
Best bet
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 05:08:00 PM »
Go to an auto upholstry shop and just have them redo the headliner. That spray adhesive never holds good. The guy around here charged me $30 bucks to put a new piece of material on mine.

,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline Z28 c10

• Registered Users
Re: Best bet
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 06:38:00 PM »
Ijust bought a partial roll from a shop down the road and used the adhesive that I use at my shop for cabinets(laminate adhesive)

Offline 81ChevyCheyenne

Re: Headliner
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 02:37:00 PM »
Just put one in my truck. Took it out and had it re-done from local shop. It Cost $50. Was about to leave with it and he said, "say you want me to help you put that in?" I said, "sure". We were done in 15 minutes. Also, make sure they make the area around the light small. You can always cut away extra with sissors if need be.

81 ChevyCheyenne