Author Topic: Four barrels, are better then two.....  (Read 2036 times)

Offline xCaliC10x

• BMW Witch Doctor
Four barrels, are better then two.....
« on: October 24, 2010, 12:22:38 AM »
Well, I don't really drive my C10 much. It sits in the garage, I drive it about 10 miles a week since I got it a few months ago. I noticed last night when I took it out for dinner, that after I really laid into it, the idle was about 1200 RPM, and it was dieseling when I shut it off. Ok, I got a problem with the throttle blades I thought. So today, I took off the air cleaner, check the linkage on my Edelbrock Performer, and found when the previous owner removed the choke, he only took the top piece and shaft out. The rest, including the fast idle cam were still there, which was keeping the throttle from closing all the way. So I did a quick check, to make sure I was getting full throttle, which I was, the primaries were wide open, secondaries, closed. After some more checking, a piece of linkage on the same pivot as the fast idle cam, was preventing the secondaries from opening. Living in southern California, and not needing a choke, I took the rest of the stuff off. Another quick check, primaries and secondaries opening 100%, off for a test drive, man I thought this truck was quick before, it flat hauls ass now. Unbelievable someone could monkey with something like this and NOT know he screwed something up.

Timing. What should I time this motor at? I put a gun on it tonight, and the balancer marks are really hard to see so I want to clean them before I adjust or figure out what I'm reading. All the motor has is the Performer carb and manifold, CARB certified Elgin cam (not too crazy) 2.5" true duals with x-pipe. header will be on in a few weeks. I'm thinking of throwing on the roller rockers I have too.
'80 C10 short bed 350/SM465, Edelbrock carb/manifold/Elgin cam/custom headers/magnaflow, flip kit, spindles/springs.
'09 328i coupe sport package. Magnaflow exhaust.
'11 335d diesel 425ftlbs, 27-30MPG city, 40-44MPG hwy.

Offline Grim 82

Re: Four barrels, are better then two.....
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 08:28:14 AM »
Start at about 10 BTDC and work from there.
Give a man a gun, and he might rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he might rob the world.