Author Topic: Clutch Pedal INFO!  (Read 5412 times)

Offline Bunkerbuilder

• OldManOfTheSea.
Clutch Pedal INFO!
« on: November 24, 2016, 10:15:46 PM »
Clutch and Brake Pedals when taken from a donor truck and added to a truck that had an automatic present with issues that you most likely weren't even aware you would have.

#1 the pin size on the brake pedal that connects to the brake master cylinder pushrod.

On a 1/2  ton and 3/4 ton the pin is smaller than on a 1 ton, that part many of you veterans mostly knew but did you also know that there is a difference in the brake pedals center to center distance from the pivot to the pushrod pin ?

So if you have a 1/2 or 3/4 ton truck and you happen to find a 1 ton donor pedal setup you have a issue.

You would need to press your original brake pedal pushrod pin out and press it into the donor brake pedal arm.
If you have a 1 ton truck and find your donor pedal setup you have a slight issue bit not as much as the first situation. this situation would only require a bushing made and pressed onto the smaller pin.

The photo below should help.
Keep in mind the brake pedals also have gm part numbers stamped into them.

And also there are it seems more than just two part numbers for the pedals IE not just one part # for the 1/2 & 3/4 ton pedal and another for the 2 ton pedal.

I found a Pedal from a 1985 1/2 ton Chevy 4wd truck and the number on the brake pedal is 347459 But there are others as well.

I added a bushing to compensate for the thinner pin but later in my project found out about the pivot to pin distance difference.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 11:16:36 AM by Captkaos »
2007 Chevrolet Silverado K3500
1984 M1028 496,NV4500,NP205.
1986 M1008 6.2L,THM400,NP205. < Was T boned totalled by ins co, parting out.
1986 M1031 MTY DRIVETRAIN