Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

* Search

* Top Boards

As of April 1, 2008 All Classified forums require a Site Supporter subscription.  It is only $25 per year and you can buy and sell whatever you like on the forum.  To become a Site Supporter, go to your profile and select "Paid Subscriptions" or use the following link: http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/index.php?action=profile;sa=subscriptions

Welcome to 73-87chevytrucks.com

73-87chevytrucks.com is not only a forum we are also a vendor for a variety of parts both replacement and custom. Check out our store at 73-87chevytrucks.com Online Store

73-87chevytrucks Social Network

We are also on Facebook so give us a like to the page if you like what you see: http://www.facebook.com/7387chevytrucks

Follow us on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/7387chevytrucks

Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/7387chevytrucks

73-87chevytrucks Merchandise

Looking for a shirt, cap hoodie or anything else with our logo, check out or Cafepress site or our Spreadshirt site

Today at 05:35:18 AM by moregrip | Views: 11 | Comments: 0

Got a few questions on Sport Side mirrors.....

Is the mirrored glass replaceable? I have a two edge chips on a mirror and has a slight tick to it as it sits in the housing; see pics:

Thanks for the help!
Today at 12:06:35 AM by Andrew1989 | Views: 21 | Comments: 1

Still gotta Paint exterior, install new parts under the hood where you see green, have some powder coating done, install the new tires, clean up wires and engine bay, install interior, Install the ac kit, etc. etc. took me over a year to get where she is now, but the new drivetrain is in and running. She will be a whole new truck in 6-8 months.

Worst part is, she’s gonna get sold when done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
December 12, 2018, 07:18:41 PM by raysr11 | Views: 22 | Comments: 1

'85 C10 LWB.  Came with a 305 700R.  I put a 350 in it with a cam.  I removed all the smog stuff along with the vacuum sensors on the engine.  The vacuum switch on the firewall by the brake booster is still connected. New kick down cable adjusted(I think) correctly.  I upshifts fine and downshifts but will not shift down when passing, I have to pull it down to 3rd.  When the lock up is plugged in on the drivers side of the trans it hunts around and locks up all over the place.  It will unlock when the brake is depressed momentarily then lock up again.  I am going to install a lock up kit(which one is recommended?) to fix the lock up issue but am confused on why it won't drop a gear when passing.  I have the Holley tv cable bracket on the 4150 carb.

Thanks
Smokehouse
December 12, 2018, 12:54:23 PM by Smokehouse
Views: 25 | Comments: 0

I'm tired of new trucks and the prices are getting to crazy for what you get so I bought a super solid 78 burb scottsdale with a stock 4 speed for the whole family can ride together in. My other car is a 59 bug with no seat belts and my son can't be in that car til he's 12 and he's 4 now. I can dump some money into this burb and still have a nicer truck than a new one and have more smiles per mile and the value will go up and not down like a new truck. I love a scottsdale because it's super simple and less things to go wrong with it just crank windows and sm465 so I don't have to worry about it going out.

Well iIve been looking and I have never seen any straight answers on lowering a burb. I believe I want to do a 4.5 in the front that's not the problem everybody knows how to do that. My real question is the rear. I was thinking about 4 inches because I still want to use the burb for towing my vw's to shows and odds and ends. I was thinking about either shackles and hangers and maybe pull a few springs. Do hangers work on burbs? and the shackles what do you do about the fuel inlet without it hitting the shackle or does it hit? The other options I have read is the monospring, but can I still tow with that if worst comes to worst I can install helper bags which I am fine with if I can use that spring. I'm not sure if I wont to do a flip because of towing. My burb sits pretty straight there's about 4 inch of gap on the front from the tire to the fender and the same on the rear.
Sorry I don't have any pics I'll try to take some this weekend.
December 12, 2018, 09:52:44 AM by moregrip | Views: 65 | Comments: 5

I have a NOS instrument bezel w/1.5 DIN opening that has a gold tint to metal overlay. I believe this might have been for a 90/91 Suburban/Blazer, not sure. Looking for a matching dash trim piece, are these available? I see the aluminum looking trim pieces in NOS/repro/used quite a bit, but rarely see the gold tint metal. Any help greatly appreciated.
Pages: [1]

* Recent Posts

Re: Dead Short with IGN off by 80HD
[Today at 09:51:54 AM]

Re: Tie Rod on a 1984 K10 by 75gmck25
[Today at 07:06:21 AM]

Re: 77 C10 by Rapid Roy
[Today at 06:22:30 AM]

side mirrors by moregrip
[Today at 05:35:18 AM]

Re: 700R kick down issues by VileZambonie
[Today at 04:40:48 AM]