Author Topic: Bed bushings?  (Read 3432 times)

Offline gosaspurs

Bed bushings?
« on: November 09, 2005, 08:31:00 PM »
I am attempting to put a 1995 stepside bed onto a 1976 chevy half ton.  My truck originally had a 6' stepside bed on it, so this swap should not be too difficult.  My question is this..  I have been told by some that there is a bushing that should go between the bed and the frame.  Yet others tell me that there is no such thing. The bed simple bolts straight to the frame. Does anyone know which is true?  Thanks for any help you can offer.

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
Re: Bed bushings?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 07:03:00 AM »
I just use a peice of inner tube when I bolt beds back on.

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

Offline maverick

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 06:53:00 PM »
Go to www. .com and they sell a kit that has the bushings for the bed to box install.  There are i believe 8 all together.

Jason

Offline bigblock73

• Yeller
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 10:09:00 PM »
The beds bolt directly to the frame, I have not seen bushings before for this area.

...Jeff

'73 swb 2wd

73-87.com

Jeff

'73 swb 2wd

73-87.com

Offline gosaspurs

Bed
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 03:52:00 PM »
I was told that the bed bolts directly to the frame as well but it doesn't look like it.  I have the bed currently and the holes in it appear to be outside the frame rails.  Maybe I am missing something here.  If I am it would make the job a whole lot easier.  Have you done this mod personally?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline roundedline

• Administrator
Re: Bed
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 05:03:00 PM »
The bed bolts directly to the framerails.  The only bushing of any sort is a thin piece of rubber between the rail and the bed cross sill.  After some time, it will be gone.  I personally would leave it off.  

Chris Lucas
www.73-87chevytrucks.com
www.captkaoscustoms.com
Project Su
Jimmy 2WD Project

Offline ChevyGuy

• Frequent Member
Re: Bed
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 05:12:00 PM »
You have different mounting points if I remember on mid 90 stepside bed. But the bed is the same size as a 87 and older bed.