Author Topic: using 88-98 outside door handles on 73-87?  (Read 2918 times)

Offline countryboy406

using 88-98 outside door handles on 73-87?
« on: December 28, 2005, 06:11:00 PM »
Has anyone shaved the stock outside handles and used 88-98 outside chevy truck handles?Thinking of doing this to give me a functional yet sleek look to the side.Any info would be much appreciated.Exspecially along the lines of the internal rod mechanism rigging.

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
Re: using 88-98 outside door handles on 73-87?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2005, 08:45:00 PM »
I think the newer style door handles are peices of crap. I have replace allot of them due to breakage. I cut out but never installed a set of Subaru flush handles once, they have the lock mechanism in them. I was going to fill the original lock holes.

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

Offline countryboy406

Funny you should say that
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2005, 11:35:00 PM »
My drivers door handle inside broke the other day on my 95 lol

Offline roundedline

• Administrator
Re: Funny you should say that
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 09:40:00 AM »
I have seen it done, and it is alot of work, you have to move the handle down below the body line to mount it on the setup I have seen.  

I don't like the 88-98 handles due to the fact they can get broken into easily.

Chris Lucas
www.73-87chevytrucks.com
www.captkaoscustoms.com
Project Su
Jimmy 2WD Project

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
Re: Funny you should say that
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 08:10:00 AM »
I have replaced allot of the inner ones as well, like cheese that goes crunch!!!! Tons of door pins for the 88 and up trucks too. Funny thing the newer trucks are cheaper but the doors weigh twice as much.

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs