Author Topic: Idle jets plugging on edelbrock carb 1406 model  (Read 4937 times)

Offline Willy Lee

• Lol
Re: Idle jets plugging on edelbrock carb 1406 model
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2018, 10:55:48 PM »
Very common especially if there's junk in the tank or bad gas. Where and what kind of fuel filter are you running?
very common when you put junk on your intake manifold.
Are you say edelbrock carbs are junky?  I've heard that they were pretty good. Does Carter still make carburetors?  Those are good, right?
Meh I found the best way to tune an Edelturd is with a 3lb sledge. I guess if you like low performance and mediocre drivability then I guess they are ok. It’s a shame that the Weber logo is on them kinda cheapens that brand a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's good to know. It sounds like you really know about carburetors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
biggest part of knowing about carbs is what to stay away from. And that dinasauric conclobberation of parts is one to steer clear of. It’s like the AMC of carbs.

Offline fiddler

• Site Supporters
  • Registered Users
  • 74 Chevy C10 Stepside
Re: Idle jets plugging on edelbrock carb 1406 model
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2018, 12:25:34 AM »
So I ended up replacing the carburetor with a brand new edelbrock 1406.  Turns out the old one wasn't just full of crud, it was worn out.  The throttle plate would not even seat all the way.  Thought about rebuilding or buying re-manufactured, but was wooed by a brand new one.  No more plugging, no more too fast idle, no more hesitation.  Getting way better gas mileage.  Not sure of the actual numbers but I can say I am seeing around 20% increase in gas mileage.  The speedometer reads about 15 mph slow so I can't trust the odometer, but apples to apples I am getting about 20% better numbers.  I went with the edelbrock again so as to ease installation.  Everything is already in place.
Ricky