Author Topic: Alright......that does it........SQUARE VANDALIZED.....  (Read 2098 times)

Offline Stewart G Griffin

Alright......that does it........SQUARE VANDALIZED.....
« on: February 26, 2018, 05:57:57 PM »
A square was vandalized, along with other cars in Orange, Va last night (this is coincidentally near Charlottesville, va which is where that recent mess last summer was.....).

i'm really tired of this B.S.   >:(

http://www.nbc29.com/story/37587558/vandals-write-racist-messages-on-vehicles-in-orange-county

There is footage of the square, but i don't have time to look for it right now.  But it did air on my local station.

i think my new thing is when something bad happens, i fight back by doing something REALLY good.

What i'd like to do is raise some money to give to the square owner (along with maybe the other owners).

i'm not super far from  Orange/Charlottesville, (2-3 hours) but i'm really busy these days because i got a big raise.   So, if someone could at  least  look into it---possibly contacting the local TV affiliate that originally reported the story i would greatly appreciate it.

And, i don't have a problem if i'm the only one who contributes money and i don't have a problem contributing several hundreds of dollars and even parts.  But if someone could at least investigate who/what/where etc. to send the money this would help enough.

What is wrong with us?
  >:(
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 05:55:38 PM by Stewart G Griffin »

Re: Alright......that does it........
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 08:44:47 AM »
(Hmmmm.........i see my ideas aren't very popular....oh well, i  don't care.)

i did find video footage of  the square:
https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Racist-Graffiti-Swastikas--475210713.html

Granted it's a 70's model that could use a new paint job, but still.

1) i tried Google street view of  W. Washington st in Orange, but curiously enough it doesn't go all the way up the street?

2) It's 2018, i'm discovering that there is more messy B.S. besides the Charlottesville incident and the above one in this area:
http://www.nbc29.com/story/37454156/charlottesville-police-stepping-up-patrols-following-tarp-vandalism
https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/local/2017/08/13/cherokee-triangle-statue-confederate-officer-vandalized-following-charlottesville-violence/563012001/

i live about 2-3 hours from all this,  and occasionally pass through on weekends.  Despite these recent incidents, i feel that the area IS NOT inherently racist.   Conservative and republican yes,  but not racist.

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 05:47:05 PM »
the problem stew is most of the past cases of this type of stuff even when trump was running for pres was done by the "victims" themselves and not by the people who they wanted to blame. if you make a gofundme page or something like that youll have more people spray painting their own stuff just to get money. the smarts of the person who did all this must be very small, i mean look at how they spelled "die" (dee) and thats not how you draw a swastika. it does suck but you cant reward the "victims" unless someone is found guilty and they have to pay the restitution
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 05:54:39 PM »
Yes, i did think about "copycat" incidents where someone may try to cash in on this. 

And yes, i wondered about the "dee" vs. die.  So, i feel the perps may be very young?

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
Re: Alright......that does it........SQUARE VANDALIZED.....
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 05:58:04 PM »
young and young or just stupid. the issue i see is they hit just a certain amount of cars they really dont know who drives them unless theyre from that area. now did they spray just one race or did they just spray every car they saw?
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes