Author Topic: My 77 GMC Stepside  (Read 11354 times)

Offline 77IndyStepside

My 77 GMC Stepside
« on: May 31, 2008, 10:20:41 PM »
Looking very differently than it did when it was new as a 77 Indy Special - here is how my stepside looks right now.  I will post more pics as I can......thanks for taking a look. 

Offline choptop

• Extended cab fanatic
    • conversiontrucks
Re: My 77 GMC Stepside
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 10:30:32 PM »
Looks sharp, will look better in its original glory.
76 C10 Choptop,76 C10 Swb
85 C10, 85 K10, 85 K20,86 C10,86 K10 (all extended cabs)
86 C30 extended crewcab

Offline okuma

• Frequent Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 11:56:23 PM »
nice truck , do you have some before pictures? :-\
THE LOWER I GO,..... THE MORE SHE LIKES IT!

Offline Fordeatinz71

• 78k miles and counting
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 12:49:01 PM »
wow man, they do look good original but that looks really, REALLY nice
1991 Chevy Silverado K1500 ECSB, 350, 700R4 w/shift kit, 3.42's, exhaust work...
1983 GMC Sierra K1500 SWB-sold :(

Offline 77IndyStepside

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 12:07:25 AM »
wow man, they do look good original but that looks really, REALLY nice

Thanks much for taking a look and commenting - still have not gotten the more detailed photos up yet. 

Offline 77IndyStepside

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 11:56:36 PM »
More detailed pics.......my Dad had some custom paint added when he painted this truck red.  I like most of what he had done.

Offline CHawk

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 12:15:00 AM »
Awesome truck!  A classic example of why these trucks rock...in the top photo, compare your truck to the Nissan Frontier across the street.  The newer trucks have NO style what so ever compared to these!
1985 K10 Silverado (305-gone!) SBC 400 / 700R4 - Almost Running!

Offline 77IndyStepside

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 07:55:02 AM »
Awesome truck!  A classic example of why these trucks rock...in the top photo, compare your truck to the Nissan Frontier across the street.  The newer trucks have NO style what so ever compared to these!

Thanks for the comment and agreed on my neighbors Frontier!  Japanese trucks in general (pickups or SUV's) to me have for the most part very bland and benign styling overall.  Like the marketing groups in these companies wanted to make sure that they did not offend any groups sensibilities with their designs so that they would appeal to the largest overall crowd possible.

A good example of this to me is the Honda Pilot vs. Chevy Trailblazer.  I own a Trailblazer and love the aggressive styling of that truck - the Honda Pilot on other hand looks like a large One a Day plus Iron pill that you take with your orange juice in the morning.......at least to me!   

Offline ccz145a

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 07:58:03 AM »
That is just plain nice! Thanks for sharing.
1975 C10 Silverado LWB, 454CID, TH400, 10bolt 3.42
11MPG Downhill w/tailwind (but there ain't no hills here)

Offline lowbucktruck

• Registered Users
  • Old Reliable
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2008, 10:05:58 AM »

Thanks for the comment and agreed on my neighbors Frontier!  Japanese trucks in general (pickups or SUV's) to me have for the most part very bland and benign styling overall.  Like the marketing groups in these companies wanted to make sure that they did not offend any groups sensibilities with their designs so that they would appeal to the largest overall crowd possible.

A good example of this to me is the Honda Pilot vs. Chevy Trailblazer.  I own a Trailblazer and love the aggressive styling of that truck - the Honda Pilot on other hand looks like a large One a Day plus Iron pill that you take with your orange juice in the morning.......at least to me!   

I have to agree!  I own a "yuppie wagon" 1990 Toyota 4Runner which has the same styling and front end as a Toyota Tacoma and it looks tame compared to my Chevy trucks.  Although I do like the styling of that generation of Toyota truck better than the new ones, to be honest.  (my wife wanted an SUV family vehicle and I wanted a 4x4, so we got it as a compromise)  The Nissan Titan is just weird looking, but the Honda is even more weird looking and bland when compared to Chevy, Dodge or even Ford trucks.
"Two rules get you through life: If it's stuck and it's not supposed to be, WD-40 it. If it's not stuck and it's supposed to be, duct tape it."

Offline lowbucktruck

• Registered Users
  • Old Reliable
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2008, 10:07:08 AM »
That is a sweet looking 77 stepside, btw!  Love the red paint!  :)
"Two rules get you through life: If it's stuck and it's not supposed to be, WD-40 it. If it's not stuck and it's supposed to be, duct tape it."