Author Topic: prayer request  (Read 39315 times)

Offline DustyRusty

Re: prayer request
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2012, 07:24:31 PM »
I am so sorry to hear of your situation.  Sometimes, humor is the best medicine.  In the words of one of my favorite red-neck philosophers, Red Green:  We're rootin' for ya; remember we're all in this together.  (Or something like that.  Anyway, I hope you got a littlle smile from that.)

Rusty
1975 K-10 SWB Fleetside - 350/SM465/NP205/D44F 12-boltR, 3.73 gears.  Original owner.
Customized by rust.

Offline zieg85

• Global Moderator
    • 73-87 GM squarebody extended cab and conversions up to 91 R/V series
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2012, 10:13:14 AM »
I'd like to start out today and say a HEARTFELT Thanks goes to my family and friends. The support is overwhelming. While still weak on the rightside I am typing with both hands and walked unassisted the 10 feet or so to the facilities. I praise my Lord for my life, family and friends and for the complete healing coming my way. I really feel optimistic today. PTL
Carl 
1985 C20 Scottsdale 7.4L 4 speed 3.21
1986 C10 under construction
https://www.facebook.com/groups/248658382003506/

Offline gto109

• Frequent Member
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2012, 11:48:59 AM »
Good glad to here your starting to get better.  Keep up the hard work get better my friend.
67 Le Mans Convertible resto project 350 Pontiac w/powerglide,
85 Scottsdale k-10 305 700r4,
86 Trans Am 305 350th
06 Dodge Ram daily driver

Offline Novadiecast

• Registered Users
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2012, 06:07:42 PM »
That's great news!!!! See, you'll be good as new in no time!! Keep up the hard work and you will be fine!! Even in the difficult time you have had lately you still offered help on this board to others and that just shows the kind of person you really are!!!

1985 Crew Cab dually project soon to be SRW Short Bed

Offline fitz

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2012, 07:41:42 PM »
Zieg, its great to hear that your typing with both hands. I can only type with 2 fingers (I'm just bad at it). Keep us updated on your improvements.
Fitz

Offline 78 Chevyrado

• Z62 ON-ROAD
  • Site Supporters
    • My Photobucket Site
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2012, 03:33:55 PM »
I am so sorry to hear of your situation.  Sometimes, humor is the best medicine.  In the words of one of my favorite red-neck philosophers, Red Green:  We're rootin' for ya; remember we're all in this together.  (Or something like that.  Anyway, I hope you got a littlle smile from that.)

Rusty

THIS IS KEY!  humor.   I almost broke my leg one time, actually fractured one of the bones, running behind my truck and caught the trailer ball with my shin.  well  even in that much pain, I grabbed my knee like peter griffin and actually did what he did making fun.  everybody laughed their butts off, till they found out they had to take me to the local ER to get a splint. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5reDsSIiAk

Truly, I did that cuz it was funny no matter how hurt i was.  They laugh about it now, they laughed when i did it, They didn't laugh at all at the ER, but I tried to make it as funny as possible.

Humor LITERALLY is your best weapon.  I have problems and insecurities, like anyone else, but if you point them out to me even in public, I don't wanna fight, I'll make more fun of myself than you EVER will.  I promise.  Plus it lightens the mood with everyone involved

Is a stroke serious?  yes.  should you take it seriously and let it rule you H E L L  NO.  laugh at it, and as soon as it becomes fun you have it beaten RIGHT THEN.  even if you never get back to 100%  if you can make fun of yourself a bit (A BIT, NOT TOO FAR)  it loses power.  If I was drooling in a wheelchair, I'd make people laugh.  that's just me.    I've been arrested before, and before the cop had me to the jail, I had him laughing a couple of time.  and you know how serious they can be.  I don't care.  I do whatever he tells me, but I'm on a mission to make serious people laugh and I usually get what I want on that count. 

My family supported me like yours does, that makes probably 65 to 70% of the difference.  Tell your family you love them.  I tell mine ever time I see them (literally)  and laugh at yourself when those supporting you can't laugh and feel terrible.  before long, whatever HAPPENS  all will be laughing.  If you ever can get to that point with the supporters, THAT"S BETTER THAN FIFTY GOLD BRICKS!  Nowadays, no matter what I do or what happens, they laugh at me (It's good natured, NEVER bad) but I still laugh be3fore they do.  Its so much happier these days, that I'm glad what happened to me happened.  It was inconvenient for me, and scared me, but brought us SO MUCH CLOSER TOGETHER.   I'd do it all again if it would help like it has in my life.

KEEP GOING BROTHER, THOSE PEOPLE SUPPORT YOU FOR A REASON.  APPARENTLY NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU OR HOW USELESS YOU MAY FEEL, THESE PEOPLE KNOW (KNOW)  YOU ARE WORTH THE EFFORT.  THAT MEANS THE MOST.      YOU    ARE   WORTH   THE   EFFORT.    You'll get back to almost normal if not normal.  it may take a year or two or three, that don't matter, make it bro.  I have faith in you too.   I also DON'T BELIVE IN STOKES being as bad as they say and you'll recover at least 80% better than the docs say.   I PROMISE YOU.

GOOD LUCK BROTHER!

KENNY KIRKLAND
Kenny

1978 C-20, 350/400, 3.73, Graystone Metallic, Raceline Renegade 8 Wheels - 18x8.5, 275/70R18 BFG KO's

Offline zieg85

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2012, 04:58:05 PM »
Awesome encouragement Kenny, THANK YOU, IT MEANS A LOT...  The coordination continues to come back.  There is a lot of humor in the gym area with the therapists bantering on with the patients.  Laughter does make the day enjoyable and go by a lot faster.  I was working with tools today as part of the OT, putting electrical BX connectors together.  The bad hand picked up the screw driver like I had done it before, just a little awkward.  There is talk of a 6/6 release to go home then out patient from there.  Blood pressure is finally regulated so hopefully I continue to move forward tomorrow.  Thank all of you for your words/prayers/well wishes.   
Carl 

Offline thirsty

• Suitor's Garage
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2012, 07:08:02 PM »
The bad hand picked up the screw driver like I had done it before, just a little awkward.
Zieg...even with having a stroke you can probably use hand tools like nobody they have ever encountered before!! ;D

Keep up the good work with the physical therapy, we are all pulling for you. Sounds like you will have little to no problem overcoming this. And thanks for keeping us up to date on how you are doing, I know that I'm not the only one that keeps checking this thread to see if you have posted an updated. So far it has been all good news except the original post and I am glad to hear that you are positive and improving.

Take care Zieg and keep us posted,
John
Real trucks are built, not bought Build thread

Give me a long enough lever and a place to stand, and I shall move the earth or break this bolt...Whatever, just hold my beer!

Offline PromiseKeeper

• Frequent Member
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2012, 09:27:32 PM »
Zieg,
Glad to hear you making great progress! Answered prayer! Now, if you want some really intense therapy, I have a couple of projects that I can bring to you! (just kidding!) It made my day to catch up on how things are progressing! Keep it up!
Scott
1980 C-10 2WD short & wide. 305 auto.

Offline gto109

• Frequent Member
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2012, 11:17:28 AM »
Zeig keep up the good work.  I am always looking for your good updates.  that coke trailer could be your new therapy room.  You will be home before you know it. 
86 Trans Am 305 350th

Offline slammed79

• Thou shalt not drive stock
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2012, 11:27:39 AM »
I'm glad you're getting better. With determination and support, anything can be overcame.
74 C10 Long bed 350/SM465 Lowered on 20's

Praise the lowered

Offline zieg85

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2012, 12:58:42 PM »
I just got the news of being released tomorrow.  I have a long way to go but feel I can better rehab myself puttering around the homestead along with out-patient rehab.  Went for a long walk outside in the courtyard today, different terrain, rocks, mulch, grass and curbs and I didn't go boom.  I feel confident to go home.  Now the hard work begins getting my right hand back to 100%.  Onward and upward....
Carl 

Offline Grim 82

« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2012, 02:18:30 PM »
best wishes and prayers to you, Zieg
Give a man a gun, and he might rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he might rob the world.

Offline gto109

• Frequent Member
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2012, 10:47:47 PM »
Best way to think Zeig.  When I shattered my right arm the Dr told me that I would be lucky if I got any use of it back.  I cannot twist my right wrist much but I regained most everything else.  Its been 2 years and today is the first I found something that bothers me and that was just spraying weeds.  So keep positive you will overcome this.
86 Trans Am 305 350th

Offline zieg85

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2012, 09:01:23 PM »
I arrived home, now for some real-life rehab... Hmmm, need to bale the grass, it is so lonnnnng.  That should keep me busy for a while. 
Carl