Author Topic: SMason's 78 GMC K25 4x4 Build Thread  (Read 31443 times)

Offline Scott M

• Beach Bum
Re: SMason's 78 GMC K25 4x4 Build Thread
« Reply #75 on: June 05, 2017, 01:54:08 PM »
If it's facing up I would say yes reverse cut, wide portion is to the top because it is a deeper dish rim.

It's harder to install the tire from that side. The back side of the rim is easier to slide the tire on due to being narrow.

You will be surprised the # of places don't know.

I have old school slots and have to educate.

Yes its facing up.  Well thank you again for the info as I have learned as well today.  I thought they had the rim facing up and the tire over the top but I wasnt watching that closely and I have bad memory so I dont remember which way they had the rim.  I thought up but i could be wrong.  I will definatly remember this though if I ever have a set installed again and that I have alot of money into.
78 GMC K25 4x4 - Beach Toy
6in Suspension 2in Body
Zero Rates Upfront
ZZ4/TH400/NP203
46" Military XMLs

Offline Scott M

• Beach Bum
« Reply #76 on: July 19, 2017, 01:48:15 PM »
I have decided on a color for the truck.  Im going to go with the "Turquila" color.  Still a ways from painting the truck but have decided I want to drastically change the image of the truck and decided ima go that way.  Was going to go with desert tan or midnight blue.  I realize this decision hurts resale value but i dont intend to sell.  Anybody have any experience with tinted bedline coatings? Ive only used black.
6in Suspension 2in Body
Zero Rates Upfront
ZZ4/TH400/NP203
46" Military XMLs

Offline Scott M

• Beach Bum
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2017, 02:42:12 PM »
Trimmed the front fenders some more.  I am going to have to do a little bit more trimming on the front fenders towards the cab as it rubs a tad when flexing some and turning.  I also need to figure out what im going to do to close the gap between the outer fender and inner fender.  any ideas, guess ima shape some sheet metal and attempt to weld to these thin aftermarket fenders.     
6in Suspension 2in Body
Zero Rates Upfront
ZZ4/TH400/NP203
46" Military XMLs