Author Topic: Full body restoration...  (Read 113351 times)

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
Re: Full body restoration...
« Reply #375 on: May 06, 2017, 08:37:20 AM »
Question:

Cant remember if i noticed before,  but since the body resto, why does it seem the front corners of my hood have a little "bounce" when driving down the road?
Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.  Zechariah 14:1

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #376 on: May 06, 2017, 09:00:17 AM »
did you replace the hinges? It looks like the hood isn't properly aligned.
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠¯¯¯¯¯'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
Full body restoration...
« Reply #377 on: May 06, 2017, 10:30:22 PM »
No, and i cant seem to get it right. , can you spare a 1/2 hr next saturday?

It closes really nice though, like butter.
Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.  Zechariah 14:1

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #378 on: May 07, 2017, 06:26:40 AM »
Why didn't you replace the hinges? There's your problem.
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠¯¯¯¯¯'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

Offline kopeck

« Reply #379 on: May 07, 2017, 09:22:31 AM »
So...Did you steal my truck?

Seriously, I just read the whole thread, great job!

My picture is from quite a few years ago, it's now in the same shape as when you started.  Mine's a '79 C10 Custom Deluxe.  I noticed the  spring packs on the back of you truck was your's a BIG 10?  Mine is, has the 3/4 ton springs.

That's not it's original color, I want to go back to it's factor dark green and maybe even 2 tone it (old man?).  I still like the color, your truck looks awesome in it, I just want to go factor next time around.  I guess my tastes have changed in the last 17 years!

K
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 09:25:35 AM by kopeck »

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
Full body restoration...
« Reply #380 on: May 07, 2017, 09:51:25 PM »
Why didn't you replace the hinges? There's your problem.
But everything lined up BEFORE the body resto. what goes bad on these hinges? Are bad hinges tight or loose?

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #381 on: May 07, 2017, 09:55:15 PM »
So...Did you steal my truck?

Seriously, I just read the whole thread, great job!

My picture is from quite a few years ago, it's now in the same shape as when you started.  Mine's a '79 C10 Custom Deluxe.  I noticed the  spring packs on the back of you truck was your's a BIG 10?  Mine is, has the 3/4 ton springs.

That's not it's original color, I want to go back to it's factor dark green and maybe even 2 tone it (old man?).  I still like the color, your truck looks awesome in it, I just want to go factor next time around.  I guess my tastes have changed in the last 17 years!

K
Wow, pretty close. No, mine is just a plain c-10. But the build sheet says it came with the HD rear leaf springs. Dont see many big 10's out there. Very nice!

Offline Rattler12

• Registered Users
  • Old Geezer
« Reply #382 on: May 08, 2017, 09:15:02 AM »
Maybe the corner hood bumpers in the core support need replacement/adjusting out or your hood latch or a combination of both. I had the same problem with the 83 even after new hinges but adjusting the latch and bumpers fixed it.
83 C-10 shorty 454, 5spd, 3:73 posi

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #383 on: May 09, 2017, 10:05:33 AM »
Maybe the corner hood bumpers in the core support need replacement/adjusting out or your hood latch or a combination of both. I had the same problem with the 83 even after new hinges but adjusting the latch and bumpers fixed it.
Will take a look at that as well, thanks.

Offline SouthernBrandt75

« Reply #384 on: May 17, 2017, 08:07:14 AM »
10 for that truck vs 40k for a new truck now days. yeah ill take one of our old truck anytime

I know that's right. And 40K? Where you find a deal like that? LOL. Trucks around here are like 50-65K. But either way I agree!!

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #385 on: May 20, 2017, 06:52:23 AM »
found a 2015 chev 2500 4x4 with a dirtymax for 30k. it has 75k miles on her already but im really tempted to buy. it the work truck model but im cool with that i dont need carpet or leather seats
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #386 on: June 11, 2017, 04:41:32 PM »
You alive? I haven't seen any pics of the truck.
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠¯¯¯¯¯'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #387 on: June 11, 2017, 06:25:54 PM »
dang it has been almost a month since hes been on

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
Full body restoration...
« Reply #388 on: June 14, 2017, 08:58:38 AM »
Update:  Yes, i'm still verticle..amen. This spring has been rough. A couple months ago my moms cancer took a bad turn, and on May 28th she went home to be with the Lord. She was the first person i lost. Me, my brothers and sister have been visiting dad often for company and to help out around the house. We are all trying to move on, we are content and doing ok.

With that said, while visiting my mom every day and much of my family and relatives popping in also, many saw my truck for the first time and drooled over it. They totally loved it.

In the past few days i have been trying to repair a couple small rust pimples that bled through down near the rocker and lower part of the fender. I had to sand, fill, sand, primer, paint, wetsand and polish. Fortunately i had some of the original paint left over so the match was pretty good. But of course, you can still tell. I cant get that shiny mirror look back. I HATE bodywork!  To top things off, while waxing yesterday i discovered a small crack in the paint- top dead center on the hood, where the raised part is. How do we fix this??

Well, thats pretty much where i'm at. Trying to squeeze in some time for fishing since most of spring was dark cold and raining.

Oh yeah, i'm building a garage in two weeks.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 09:05:31 AM by philo_beddoe »

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #389 on: June 14, 2017, 09:38:16 AM »
sorry to hear about your mom. i havnt lost someone that close, dad id getting there with his parkinsons. the only thing i can think of is keeping your mind busy thats how ive dealt with other family member passing