Author Topic: Whats everyone do for a living?  (Read 38099 times)

Offline cstiles

Re: Whats everyone do for a living?
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2016, 11:29:54 PM »
I work in a factory making suspension parts For different automobiles

Offline 1967KaiserM715

• 1985 GMC K1500 w/ 6.5 TD
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2016, 07:45:28 AM »
I currently work landscaping, mainly lawn mowing, but I have done irrigation, patio/walkway construction, and pruning. All these jobs are considered seperate in the company, but as work slows in one area we can move about helping the other crews. Been doing this for the past 5 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current Vehicles:1985 GMC K10(Daily) 1991 GMC K2500(Daily) 1975 Beetle(not running) 1985 Mercedes 300D(not running) 1952 M35    1967 M715(not running)
 1986 Chevy K30(under repair)

Offline SuburbanHunter

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2016, 09:23:19 AM »
technical project manager for an health care IT company.

Offline cvbear

• Registered Users
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2016, 07:35:56 PM »
Like Harcorshe I am an attorney, mostly Consumer Bankruptcy work, some Estate Planning and Probate
1984 SWB Silverado fleetside, 350 crate engine, 350 trans

Offline morrow07

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2016, 08:30:18 PM »
Sheet metal man. HVAC and architectural sheet metal for 10 years now. Good money. Even when you have no money, you find some when you need the heater on.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

77 Cheyenne - 406ci 11:1, Fitech Mean Street 800, Performer RPM Air Gap, Super Sucker Spacer, Sportsman II heads, Harland Sharp 1.6 roller rockers, Hooker Super Comps, Spintech Super Pro Street 9000's, TH350 3000 stall, 12 bolt w/Auburn Pro Series 3.73

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2016, 08:33:53 PM »
I am self employed mechanic. Was a body man by trade, but got burnt out on that. I still do some body / paint work from time to time, but not into doing it day in, and day out. I work on everything from Harleys, Kias to Peterbilts. Have built chip trailers, turned tractors into dump trucks, and log trucks. Shortened, and stretched trucks. You name it I have at least atempted to repair it! 
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2016, 08:37:11 PM »
morrow07, Same is true for your car, if you cant get to work you have to spend some $ on your vehicle.
As far as if I need my heat on, I work on my furnace myself most
times.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

Offline Tazman

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2016, 08:55:35 PM »
I am a production planner for a aerospace company in Phoenix AZ. Currently working on a new drone for the military and a new helicopter to replace our aging fleet. Being a veteran I am proud to make products to help them protect us.
Proud of and proud to be a veteran of our military.
God BLESS AMERICA

Offline morrow07

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2016, 11:42:23 PM »
morrow07, Same is true for your car, if you cant get to work you have to spend some $ on your vehicle.
As far as if I need my heat on, I work on my furnace myself most
times.
Yeah, I live in the SF bay area, so very few know how to work on $hit around here lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
77 Cheyenne - 406ci 11:1, Fitech Mean Street 800, Performer RPM Air Gap, Super Sucker Spacer, Sportsman II heads, Harland Sharp 1.6 roller rockers, Hooker Super Comps, Spintech Super Pro Street 9000's, TH350 3000 stall, 12 bolt w/Auburn Pro Series 3.73

Offline roundhouse

Whats everyone do for a living?
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2016, 07:59:29 AM »
I'm an environmental technician

I take soil and water samples
And design, install and maintain remediation systems that decontaminate soil and water , usually at gas stations that had large leaks from their underground storage tanks

These systems pump water from wells in the contaminated area , remove the petroleum from the water and discharge the water back into the ground or into the municipal sewer

And these systems also inject compressed air into the ground in other deeper wells to help evaporate the gasoline
And also have vacuum wells to capture the vapor caused by the compressed air and draw the vapor to a giant catalytic converter to cook it off

Lots of wiring , plumbing , air compressors , water pumps , filters , computers to run it all etc

Most of the time I'm the guy running the excavator to bury the pipes and also the mechanic handyman that keeps the systems running

« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 08:07:38 AM by roundhouse »

Offline roundhouse

Whats everyone do for a living?
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2016, 08:10:16 AM »
If you see these in a gas station parking lot
They had leaky tanks

If there's a cargo trailer or a shipping container  with lots of hoses and buzzing and hissing sounds , it's active remediation

« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 08:14:47 AM by roundhouse »

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2016, 10:27:30 AM »
I know in our town theres now 3 gas stations two are bp the other is royal farms. There used to be two more that were owned by non American Indians. They passed the business through family for a few years then they up and left. No one ran The stations since and the tanks were pulled and one had to have the cargo trailer parked for a good bit of time. I always wondered who paid for that since the owners are no longer around.

One used to live behind my moms, nice people but they left a few years ago and for some reason they still haven't sold that house either
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline Capt8118

• New Users
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2016, 01:15:38 PM »
I work in t IT as a System Administrator.

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2016, 02:15:10 PM »
I work in t IT as a System Administrator.
you people are evil but someones got to keep the systems safe lol
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline WhiteHorse75

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2016, 07:32:29 PM »
I work in a fabrication shop, building industrial concrete cutting equipment. Wolverine/Concut in Kent, Washington. When you see the circular rings in the concrete at a stop light (the magnetic ring that triggers the light), I'm the only guy in the country that assembles the tool to cut those circles.
I need a raise....