Author Topic: Fuel pressure potential issue  (Read 1738 times)

Offline crum.eddie

• New Users
Fuel pressure potential issue
« on: June 24, 2017, 04:40:08 PM »
Hello guys I am new to the forum needed some help because I am currently lost. I am extremely new with carburetor engines I purchased a 1975 k10 last august and have been rebuilding the motor since. I am nearly done with getting the truck running again the only issue I am having is a lot of backfire. I bought a brand new edelbrock 4 barrel carb with a electric choke. My mechanic states and a local hot rod shop states that there is too much fuel going into the carb which is causing the backfire. The hot rod shop states that I would need to add a fuel regulator and I just wanted to know what I need to put one on. My mechanic says we need a fuel return line. I just wanted to see what if anyone has ever had this issue and what you did to get it working properly.
1975 Chevy k10

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
Re: Fuel pressure potential issue
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 05:58:19 PM »
It sounds like your distributor is not properly indexed. Double check your firing order.

As far as their comments about the fuel, are you running a stock fuel pump? What is their basis for telling you that?
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠¯¯¯¯¯'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline Jerr-conn

• Registered Users
  • Retired tool maker
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 07:49:08 AM »
A couple years ago l bought the same edelbrock carb for my 69 camaro. Immediately it started flooding gas onto the intake manifold. Took it back to advance auto parts and got another.
This one flooded the engine so bad it would hardly run. Took it back and bought a holley
600 with elec choke. Ran perfect out of the box. But if you are going to keep the eddy, you
Will need a fuel regulator and gauge. Found out the eddy can't stand much more than 5 lb.
pressure. I always liked the eddy carbs before. Just my experience.
Jerry

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 07:27:57 AM »
A couple years ago l bought the same edelbrock carb for my 69 camaro. Immediately it started flooding gas onto the intake manifold. Took it back to advance auto parts and got another.
This one flooded the engine so bad it would hardly run. Took it back and bought a holley
600 with elec choke. Ran perfect out of the box. But if you are going to keep the eddy, you
Will need a fuel regulator and gauge. Found out the eddy can't stand much more than 5 lb.
pressure. I always liked the eddy carbs before. Just my experience.
and what did you buy compared to his?

but we need more input on the OPs setup like vile stated.
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes