Author Topic: think i have an addiction  (Read 4810 times)

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
think i have an addiction
« on: July 15, 2017, 10:06:10 PM »
last year while i ran into autozone a guy recognized my 91 v3500 with the cummins as a friend of his neighbors. we start BSing one thing lead to another and we start talking about his project. he was working on a c1500 and he pulled a 454 out of a 86 c3500 crew cab. then he said the crew had electric doors and he was going to pull the front set and put them on his truck also. we start talking about his plans with the crew cab and he says theres only one spot of rust on it and its in the drivers side rocker.

i asked him to not pull the front doors since theyre electric and have the extra holes for the back doors. but regardless i would be interested in buying whats left over. fast forward to last week, he got a hold of my friend and told him he was ready to get rid of the truck and it was at his dads. i finally went to his dads today (about an hour away) at first glance it looked like the truck was stripped. dash pad was missing back seat was gone and she was a little rusty. then i saw the badge "bonus cab" that meant it never came with a back seat then saw the mud flap "choo choo custom" then it all started to add up. he never told me a price but said he didnt want to give it away. he wasnt there so i called him up and told him about all the other rust (in the door jambs and all the rockers) i knew it didnt have a front clip, motor or trans. so i asked if he would take 300. he said he would do 300, so we loaded the truck up.

it also has a spoiler a wooden center console and a roof console thingy with lights and a fuel filter on the drivers side. not sure what thats all about kind of looks like someone maybe bypassed the dual tanks and ran a hose from the right tank to a fuel filter then to the engine. there seams to be some sort of return line or something "T"ed into the fuel filler hose vent tube. got to get more pictures. but the bed was in pretty good shape, needs some work but the fenders are great.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 10:09:45 PM by Irish_Alley »
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
Re: think i have an addiction
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 10:08:28 PM »
so the way this truck is set up with bucket seats upfront is a 2 seater crew cab. ill get more pictures when i can get back to the truck tomorrow also i noticed the spare tire rack didnt seam like the normal type.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline fitz

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 05:06:02 AM »
There are more harmfull addictions to have.
What are the plans for this truck?

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 07:11:47 AM »
yeah it could be worse lol. plans idk, part of me wants a 2wd dually crew cab with a built motor my buddy wants some parts off it also and i could use some parts halfway in the process of buying a home with a 30x30 garage and a acre of land.  so ill have the room and place do build a truck. but i have a feeling ill be battling my 6 year old over garage space lol. part of me wants to rebuild the truck and try and get her back to her glory days as a choo choo. but the rust thats around the doors has me scared, and the idea of having a 2 seater crew cab is kind of hard to swallow lol. i have to look at it more to see what i have and what is my best option/s

Offline FlatBlack77

• Cheap Fast Reliable - Pick 2
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 08:19:52 AM »
Thats a heck of a score dude! 300 jee wiz lol

Id love to see some pics on the center console and all the other stuff thats unique about it
"When you are a hammer, everything looks like a nail"
'77 C/10 - 350/350 mild street motor

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 08:53:44 AM »
i did see the console in the floor upside down. the bucket seats arnt bolted down. so it looks like this guy pulled everything out of the truck with intentions on stripping but lost interest or something then just tossed it all back in the back. even the front door panels were off the doors sitting in the back and the doors were sitting  beside the truck.

maybe tonight i can get up to my buddies house (where the truck is at) and we can look at what we have. i might just toss in a motor and trans just so we can drive it around and not require a tow to move. he also has a 4x4 crew cab frame that needs the back half of the frame replaced so it might even be turned into a 4x4. he wants it bad but he has a few projects sitting just like me lol

Offline zieg85

• Global Moderator
    • 73-87 GM squarebody extended cab and conversions up to 91 R/V series
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 09:20:37 AM »
Love the swing out spare tire option...
Carl 
1985 C20 Scottsdale 7.4L 4 speed 3.21
1986 C10 under construction
https://www.facebook.com/groups/248658382003506/

Offline AZ4X4SQBDY

• Registered Users
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 02:40:01 PM »
Love the swing out spare tire option...

Yeah, I saw that. My '85 is supposed to have one from the factory per glove box sticker but it's gone. I've been looking for one but have yet to locate it.
1987 GMC Sierra Classic 4x4 short, fleet, 1985 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 short, step side, '87 Chevy Silverado short fleet, '91 Dodge Ramcharger LE 4x4,
2005 Porsche Boxster S,1982 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce

Offline fitz

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2017, 04:14:42 PM »
  I'm glad to see that an unfinished project didn't stop you from buying your next project vehicle.
  To many people use common sense when making these decisions (ha,ha).
  I'm glad some of us just shoot from the hip and hope it all works out.
  I see a cummins crew cab 4x4 dually in the future.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 04:26:33 PM by fitz »

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2017, 11:13:00 PM »
lol me and my buddy were trying to figure out what to do with it. he wants it and i want it, he has his cummins crew cab with a 10 speed 4x4 and a 454 crew cab 4x4.

i have my cummins crew 4x4, he also has a 5.3 sitting and i was thinking about putting that in it with a 4l60 (maybe a 4l80 but i have a 4l60 sitting) in the choo choo. then it hit me i also have another cummins sitting so i could use that and then maybe put a sm465 behind it for right now since its only 2wd just so we can drive it around the yard

pics are cummins. and since im trying to buy a house right now the wife aint to happy lol
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 11:58:59 PM by Irish_Alley »

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2017, 11:58:06 PM »
here we have the bucket seat brackets
choo choo sticker
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 12:48:08 AM by Irish_Alley »

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2017, 11:59:46 PM »
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 12:52:53 AM by Irish_Alley »

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2017, 12:04:00 AM »
 8)

Offline kg264

• Blucheez
    • Blucheez Leather
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2017, 04:19:46 PM »
Nice score!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

1980 C10 LWB
1962 C10 LB for sale
Looking for a BBC!