Author Topic: Unlurking with some questions :)  (Read 1700 times)

Offline gezn2

Unlurking with some questions :)
« on: July 17, 2017, 08:11:29 PM »
The front clip on my '85 C10 has a fine case of the usual rot, and the deer I 'kissed' last fall killed any chance of saving the radiator support so I've kept an eye on Craigslist.
Since my truck is no creampuff and will qualify for Frankenstein status before I'm done my standards aren't very high, even 'sitting in the weeds' parts trucks bring north of a grand around here so ads drop off very fast but I lucked into a solid front clip with some odd features. The donor is an ex-military 5/4ton long box dually that did time as a firetruck, evidently nobody else on Craigslist could get past the big yellow TruckLights cut into the fenders above the factory markers, their loss-my gain :)
What I've got here is a solid radiator support and fenders with a great-looking headlight harness complete all the way to the firewall plug which leads to my first question, both trucks in question are/were '85s mine with dual lamps and the clip with single lamps so are all the pinouts the same are am I going to have to do some splicing? My second question is about the outer grille molding, it's thoroughly painted and I see CARC in the paint chips so were these ever 'bright' or were they a paint-only item?

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
Re: Unlurking with some questions :)
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 02:50:42 PM »
if you have the wire harness for the new truck it should just plug into the bulkhead connection. not sure what youre saying about the carc, ill leave that up to the guys who paint
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline gezn2

Re: Unlurking with some questions :)
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 09:54:05 PM »
if you have the wire harness for the new truck it should just plug into the bulkhead connection. not sure what youre saying about the carc, ill leave that up to the guys who paint

It certainly looks like it will fit, I'll try and remember to post the outcome for future googlers.
I've been taking a closer look at the molding and it's definitely 'dull' metal, forest green covered with desert tan then slathered in red enamel, no buffing down to chrome  :(