Author Topic: TBI injection problem  (Read 2280 times)

Offline Jerr-conn

• Registered Users
  • Retired tool maker
TBI injection problem
« on: July 21, 2017, 05:12:41 PM »
i have a problem with my 87 r10 350 tbi, 700r4 trans, short box. I have had experience with
Hilborn mechanical fuel injection in my drag car years ago, and I understood it. But, this electronic
Injection is totally new. So, my problem is this: when I hit the gas about 1/2 way down in 1st
Gear it jumps , then a flat spot or lull and then goes pretty good. Next problem is when I go around a corner  and try to accelerate, it accelerates very slowly until I push pedal down to make it downshift. Then it goes like heck. What could it possibly be? Is it a sensor of some kind or what? Driving me bonkers. Need help.Thanks.
Jerry

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
Re: TBI injection problem
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 12:23:25 AM »
Man I'm not going to even pretend I understand what you're saying lol.

http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/index.php?topic=29996.0
That's the thing sensors and how to test

The first thing you mentioned sounds like a dead spot in the tps but that's a pure guess. That like will tell you how to test the tps
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline Jerr-conn

• Registered Users
  • Retired tool maker
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 07:58:51 PM »
Irish alley, printed out your sensor info. Thanks . Now for something crazy that I cannot
Understand. I did not change anything yet, but I took it out a couple days after you replied and
It ran so good , and for no reason what so ever. I  'm dumbfounded.  Will check it again this
Week. Will let you know. Oh yeah, it seems to be better on gas too.
Jerry

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 08:06:07 PM »
yeah electrical problems will cause all sorts of intermittent issues. maybe even a ground issue
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes