Author Topic: New engine white smoke  (Read 6039 times)

Offline 1993f250

Re: New engine white smoke
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2017, 04:06:02 PM »
If you are running a mechanical fuel pump there should be a weep hole at the top of it. See if it has fuel coming out of the weep hole, if it is the diaphragm is bad and needs replacement.
I saw no signs of that during the drive and i did look at it and the lines for leaks but i will check again next time i start it!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Offline MrFiveOh

• Registered Users
  • The Local Po-Po
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2017, 08:49:35 AM »
If you are running a mechanical fuel pump there should be a weep hole at the top of it. See if it has fuel coming out of the weep hole, if it is the diaphragm is bad and needs replacement.
I saw no signs of that during the drive and i did look at it and the lines for leaks but i will check again next time i start it!
you wont see the leak when its hot cause it evaporates. it needs to be on initial start up
1974 C-10 AKA "Smurf"
350/700R4 Hooker Headers 134-A A/C
4/5 Drop - Ridler 650 rims 20x8.5/20x10
Kenwood single din radio 2 IB-Flat Pioneer Subwoofers Rockford Fosgate Power 1000-bdcp amp

Offline 1993f250

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2017, 10:27:52 AM »
you wont see the leak when its hot cause it evaporates. it needs to be on initial start up
Good to know!! I got oil, a pump in case, a new vaccuum canister, and plugs. Ill be messing with it tomorrow ill let you guys know what happens. Thanks again!!

Offline 1993f250

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2017, 09:16:03 PM »
So i pulled all the plugs tonight and it looks like i got a bad box. 4 of them were fine and 4 of them looked like they hadnt been firing and soaked.
Replacing those and putting a regulator on the fuel line tomorrow and we will see what happens

Oh and the oil def had gas in it. About 1/4 of a quart

Offline 1993f250

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2017, 06:17:30 PM »
Well one fuel pump, a vaccuum modulator, pcv, oil change, and set of plugs later its running correctly. Still working on the tune, bogs when you mash on it (doesnt even really wanna run out my converter stall). Then its good when it picks up, plugs look great now