Author Topic: Mutt Project  (Read 200130 times)

Offline fitz

Re: Mutt Project
« Reply #360 on: August 21, 2017, 06:56:40 PM »
Got the tailgate roughed in. Hopefully I'll finish fine tuning the bed next weekend

Your "roughed in" work is better than my finish work.

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #361 on: August 24, 2017, 06:09:32 AM »
It's hemi-orange pearlcoat. It's coming along nicely, I put the bed up on the lift and bedlined the underside of the bed. Nice thick coating, not one rust repair, a perfectly in tact bed. Very happy with the way it came out. thanks for the compliments.

I'll be making progress over the next few weeks and hopefully plop the bed back on soon. It's nice to free up the space in the garage too. You can almost walk in there again :)
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #362 on: September 07, 2017, 09:04:04 AM »
So I got the bed up on the lift and coated the underside with bed liner. Came out really nice and then I proceeded to blow out my back putting the bed on my truck by myself. My ambitions got the best of me and I should have called a few buddies but I didn't want to wait around since I took the day off from work and wanted to git-r-done. Nevertheless for the last two weeks I've been dealing with never ending back pain which is only remedied by a stiff drink. So kids, call your buddies to help even if it sets you back a day. I have to get the bumpers mounted and wet sand/buff several areas before I put the glass in. Here are some quick pics

/  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #363 on: September 07, 2017, 06:27:40 PM »
Very nice!!! Its so.....orange!

Send me a text next time, i would have scooted over and helped lift the bed.
Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.  Zechariah 14:1

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #364 on: September 07, 2017, 07:13:38 PM »
Thanks. Trust I won't be doing anything stupid like that again anytime soon. Bumper brackets and rear bumper came in today and are the wrong ones of course. I've still got plenty to keep me busy for a while so no big deal I suppose. Gonna take the day off and take the kids fair hopping. I must eat fried dough before I go on a diet  ;D
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #365 on: September 08, 2017, 06:54:06 PM »
Yup, also hitting a fair on sat. Book fair (sale) at the willington library. Hours of fun, lol.

Fried dough and donuts,,,the best tasting food in the world, and worst thing for us! Figures! Ever been to the Big E?
Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.  Zechariah 14:1

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #366 on: September 09, 2017, 06:40:41 AM »
Many times. I think the only thing that ever fueled me at the Big E was the beer otherwise I never really found anything there all that great. Something to do if you're bored I guess but I'm never bored. I went to the Hebron Harvest Fair yesterday and the Woodstock fair last week. The kids absolutely LOVED the rides. They love when I take them around the property on the tractor or the quad but man, I started thinking about building my own carnival in the backyard  ;D their little smiles just make you realize that all of the stress and bs you endure is all worth it if it allows you to bring joy to their lives.

I had one of those blooming onions for the first time in my life and dos tacos from the taco guy. I also had tid bits of several other things and feel like I need open heart surgery today. I've come to the sad realization that I need to close the pool for winter now too  :'( Where does the time go?
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #367 on: September 10, 2017, 09:24:17 PM »
Yup, just pulled the plug on the pool today. The days just aren't hot enough-long enough. After finishing the roofing last week (roofing is always blazing hot) i jumped in the 60 degree water, cold crisp and refreshing! The rest of the fam is done...so i'm done cleaning it every day, amen!

The Big E has a "Craz-E burger, i think its a cheeseburger with bacon and the bun is a glazed donut. A friend got one and i tried it, surprisingly it was real good, not sure why, but it was. That'll  harden some arteries for sure. Your brave, dont think i could handle the blooming onion. The fried dough is awesome with the sauce or the sugar!!

At 12 and 16 we are just past the little rides and big smiles. I know just what you mean. Treasure those moments, they do not last.

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #368 on: September 11, 2017, 05:46:10 AM »
Once I got a fried dough with sauce and accidentally put the powdered sugar on it. Surprisingly it was actually good, but probably clogged some veins too. I would have closed the pool this weekend but I spent the rest of the weekend working on other people's stuff again. Never enough time
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
Mutt Project
« Reply #369 on: September 11, 2017, 09:03:28 PM »
You are correct! Never enough time!! There is a bible verse that even states: "what is life but a vapour." So true...

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #370 on: September 15, 2017, 06:58:16 PM »
Do you go to the 4 town fair in Somers?

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #371 on: September 16, 2017, 07:14:55 AM »
I have but not in years. Last time I went I chucked my fried dough in the trash and a woman approached me and asked why I threw it away. I told her it was gross and she thanked me because she didn't want to waste her money too. These carnies throw raw sauce on dough and think that's something you would want to eat? The good ones are all at the Big E so when it competes with the big show you get all the 3rd rate garbage. So I haven't been back since. If you go, let me know if it improved.
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #372 on: September 18, 2017, 08:43:32 PM »
We went for a couple hrs on thursday night. A friend of ours has a booth there, plus they always have a classic car show there on the first night. This little "townie" fair brings' em out of the woodwork i tell ya. Talk about locals! Classic carnies. We went to get a slice of fresh homemade apple pie and it was from Big Y!!! So we passed on the cheap store bought pie.  So, no, it hasnt improved. Heading to Big E next week.

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #373 on: September 19, 2017, 02:47:35 PM »
At least you can drink beer and walk around at the BigE
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #374 on: September 23, 2017, 05:27:55 PM »
Painted the bumpers today and mocked up the door panels to see how I like em. Door glass is back in and operational.

/  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)