Author Topic: Another wiper delay problem  (Read 1285 times)

Offline Norwester

Another wiper delay problem
« on: July 24, 2018, 05:27:28 PM »
I've been trying to get my delay working on my '86 and am not having much luck. A friend on the net pointed out, after seeing pictures, that I had no module. He sent me a used one that he was confident worked. I installed it and no luck, no delay. He then felt I needed a switch but wanted me to test it before shelling out for a new one.  He showed me how to test it with a multimeter. he also told me that he could not find what the readings ought to be. I tested it by twisting the delay from low to high and the values changed accordingly. He felt this indicated that the switch was probably ok.

So maybe the used module was bad.  I sprung for a new one, installed it, and no delay. At this point I pretty much gave up although I'd still like delays.  Hey!  I live in the Northwest.

Now the strange part....When I run the truck through a car wash, the wipers start working in delay mode. In my driveway, I tried to duplicate what was happening in the carwash.  I put them on delay, squirted some water on the windshield and then moved the arms around to somewhat simulate what was happening at the carwash. No luck.

The wiper motor is about a year old and the wipers work great in high/low

Any ideas, folks?

Thank you in advance for any comments.