73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Members Rides

1973 Cheyenne C20 Camper Special

(1/4) > >>

BADGE73:
Hi Fellas! This has been a long time coming for me as this square body was my Grandpa's. He left it to me when he passed away many years ago and I have just now been able to unearth it and bring it home. He was the only owner of this truck, bought it brand new in 1973 with the camper shell and all. Unfortunately, camper has been long gone. My Grandpa and I were extremely close, he was head county mechanic and the Fire Chief for over 30 years. I grew up on his lap, driving this thing up and down the canyon to get the mail with him.  This restore will be a long process, it won't be to wild as I want this to look just like it did in 73 when it rolled out the doors down in Fremont, CA. Currently all I have done is clean it, flush the entire coolant system, change the rear differential fluid and put in a new thermostat. More to come...

Mike81K10:
Look forward to your progress on your sentimental build.

JohnnyPopper:
Congrats on your project and progress!

Please keep us posted, we love seeing things come together!

BADGE73:
Also, I am no mechanic. So aside from the internet and the mountains of manuals, service guides and schematics. I will most certainty be reading this forum and asking questions. For the most part, it looks like everyone is really helpful around here.

JohnnyPopper:
Yeah, for the most part no one's really cranky, until one fails to read the advice given and blathers nonsense... ::)

I just read the build sheet, came with some nice options!

Looks like the only thing missing is the A/C compressor, which, if I lived in western WA would only go on a few times a year.

Regardless, I would restore it if possible. Perhaps using a smaller unit. The stock units were oversized IMHO.

You'll be glad for those few hot days.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version