Author Topic: Whats everyone do for a living?  (Read 38399 times)

Offline Gagecampbell82

Re: Whats everyone do for a living?
« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2017, 04:49:19 AM »
I started a new job back in October. I'm a painter for a company called HDT Global. I paint military trailers that carry large tents, generators, ac/heaters, and other things used by military and first responders.
1982 Chevy c-10 Scottsdale, 350/TH350

Offline 82silverado

« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2017, 06:31:57 AM »
MSG U.S Army (retired) 24 years. Currently work for the DOD as a maintenance Inspector at Fort Polk, La.
82 Silverado 454/700R4
86 Buick GN
02 WS6

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #92 on: February 02, 2017, 01:22:04 AM »
https://bluelivesmatter.blue/vaughnrebellion-black-lives-matter-voices-support-slave-rebellion-violent-prison-riot-whostages-delaware/

https://www.correctionsone.com/officer-safety/articles/285631187-Trump-education-top-inmates-reasons-for-hostage-situation/

this was at my prison a few years ago till i transferd to another

Update, 1 hostage Sgt Floyd was killed in the line of duty. he was a 16 year vet, a heck of a guy to know. and i do have the honor of saying i worked with him many times. and not once did i question his ethics.

http://www.wboc.com/story/34400206/delaware-prisons-on-lockdown-due-to-incident-at-vaughn-correctional-center
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 11:25:59 AM by Irish_Alley »
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline GMCMedic

• Registered Users
« Reply #93 on: February 02, 2017, 08:06:07 AM »
Paramedic and volunteer firefighter

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Offline 76Texan

• 76 Scottsdale Owner
« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2017, 11:19:24 AM »
Funny, I manage several online forums like this, different niche. Caregiver though mostly.
1976 Scottsdale K10

Offline Fourxbob

« Reply #95 on: February 05, 2017, 08:54:19 PM »
I installed floor covering for almost 18 years. Anything from carpet to hardwood and tile. Back and knees were going bad so I thought I would get my CDLs . Not a good idea. After two months my leg was just about completely limp due to a pinched nerve. So now I drive a school bus for the county board of DD. Passengers range from 6 yr old to 74-year-old.  Doesnt pay much but it keeps the lights on. These guys are a thrill to haul though. If it wasnt for them I would have moved on to something else by now.

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

Offline Big Daddy

« Reply #96 on: February 25, 2017, 02:56:44 PM »
I install flooring too. 22 years and counting

Offline Tx_Phil

• Registered Users
« Reply #97 on: February 26, 2017, 06:27:20 PM »
Basically a consultant in the payment industry.
In other words, I design and deploy credit card payment systems for major corporations.  Mainly in the business to business space.  I tend to travel a good bit, 35 trips last year, so I've not been able to work much at all on my 87 Suburban.

Offline Monkey Uncle

• Registered Users
« Reply #98 on: March 12, 2017, 05:55:03 AM »
Looks like I'm one of the rare desk jockeys around here.  Manager for a govt natural resources agency.  Years ago I used to go outside, manage plants and animals, analyze data, and write actual reports.  Now I talk on the phone, answer e-mails, go to meetings, and deal with drama.

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
Whats everyone do for a living?
« Reply #99 on: March 13, 2017, 09:23:54 PM »
Looks like I'm one of the rare desk jockeys around here.  Manager for a govt natural resources agency.  Years ago I used to go outside, manage plants and animals, analyze data, and write actual reports.  Now I talk on the phone, answer e-mails, go to meetings, and deal with drama.

Let me guess, your a 13 or 14?
Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.  Zechariah 14:1

Offline Monkey Uncle

• Registered Users
« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2017, 04:55:33 AM »

Yes. ;)

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #101 on: March 14, 2017, 10:10:24 AM »

Yes. ;)
Yup, always the case. I'm an 11 step 7. Still out in the field running around having fun. .
Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.  Zechariah 14:1

Offline Cody the Roady

« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2017, 11:24:42 AM »
I am a History teacher. I teach 10th, 11th, and 12th Graders, in subjects that include World History, US History, and Government. When it comes to Economics, which I rarely have students taking, I refer to the book. I've been doing this for 13 years, and often wonder why I didn't start earlier. It's an extremely rewarding job.

I think the area in which I'm most different than others here is the fact that I lack any resemblance to a mechanic. Thank God my oldest boy got the mechanical genes from my father! He's been helping me rebuild my '87 for about two years now, on and off. I'm grateful for being able to read all your posts.
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Abraham Lincoln

Offline Monkey Uncle

• Registered Users
« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2017, 04:35:57 AM »
I am a History teacher. I teach 10th, 11th, and 12th Graders, in subjects that include World History, US History, and Government. When it comes to Economics, which I rarely have students taking, I refer to the book. I've been doing this for 13 years, and often wonder why I didn't start earlier. It's an extremely rewarding job.

I think the area in which I'm most different than others here is the fact that I lack any resemblance to a mechanic. Thank God my oldest boy got the mechanical genes from my father! He's been helping me rebuild my '87 for about two years now, on and off. I'm grateful for being able to read all your posts.

Hi Cody - fellow mechanically declined person, here.  Anything beyond basic maintenance is a learning experience for me, too.  Glad the folks here are so willing to share their experience.

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2017, 07:21:49 AM »

That's a great career, my post is way back on #51, history professor was my other choice. But instead I went with my college major, natural resource law enforcement,,which ain't too shabby. I think we'd all be fine mechanics if we had the three necessities. Shop, tools, time.