Author Topic: Vortec 5.3 install on my 84 C10  (Read 104779 times)

Offline Skyshadow

• Registered Users
Re: Vortec 5.3 install from start to finish
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2012, 11:15:07 PM »
Your good bro, Your not jacking my thread... this is helping me. I would be working on my truck right now but I'm working the state fair (12hr days) so I have not extra time. As for the trans problems, My driveshaft seems to be lined up and such. Just cant get the passenger side to go down

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2012, 03:07:12 PM »
reload I would go with leaving the trans in place especially if you have a manual trans with manual linkage.  You should be able to move the existing brackets to match and then make it adapt back to the factory crossmember.

Skyshadow, is the engine with the mounts on it lining up ok, but you just can get it to drop on the frame mounts?  Can you get one side in?  If you trans is bolted down, remove all the bolts, bolt one side on the frame and lift it back up some and then "roll" it to the offending side.

Offline Skyshadow

• Registered Users
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2012, 10:52:53 PM »
OK, I'll give it a try man

Offline Skyshadow

• Registered Users
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2012, 03:00:58 PM »
After some major wrestling with the motor I got it in. remounted the trans cross member and now I'm wiring it up.

Took it from this

To this finally, with some serious prying with a 4ft pry bar

Got the fuse box on the wiring loom but I'll need to figure out all the little things.

Like what do these 3 extra plugs go to?

Offline reload

• Registered Users
    • K & K Innovations
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2012, 08:37:09 PM »
What year harness is that again?

Offline Skyshadow

• Registered Users
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2012, 10:44:59 PM »
'05 Harness. Believe is was to a 4 wheel drive cause I have a plug going down toward the trans with no place on the trans to put it

Offline Calebmcclellan

« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2012, 05:07:40 AM »
Those aren't for the 4wd. The black one is c100 and blue is c152a

You will need wires out if c100 for the oil press gauge, check engine light, a/c request...

Offline Skyshadow

• Registered Users
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2012, 02:21:41 PM »
 :o^WOW, you are impressive sir! Thank you. I wasn't saying those were 4wd, saying there are some plugs down near my transmission plugs that go to nowhere which made me believe it was for a transfer case. But this helps me out a lot. Some of that stuff on 152a looks important... Like fuel pump relay and delivered torque, Do i need to wire into those?

Offline Skyshadow

• Registered Users
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2012, 04:02:11 PM »
Is this for a under dash fuse box?? So I can put it next to my stock one?
http://lt1swap.com/fuseblock_obd2port.html

Also, looks like it is a 4wd drive harness, That last little plug in my pic is C153 which contains 4 Wheel Drive wires, for front axle switch, and LOW Range Signal. I should be fine just leaving all the 4wd stuff unplugged right? I do not wish to take my harness apart and remove all those plugs.

Offline Calebmcclellan

« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2012, 12:55:40 AM »
That's fuel pump relay secondary  I don't think you will use that. The one you need is in fusebox c2. Green/white I think.  All the pinouts are on my s10forum page.
Yeah sounds like you have a 4x4 harness. But yeah you can just cut those plugs off and tape them up. Just make sure whoever you have do the PCM goes in and turns off all the codes for the 4x4

That fusebox looks like they are using it to run the entire engine and everything. I would probably use a few of them. I don't like how they're running so many things off each fuse. It's not sealed in any way either so yeah I would probably mount it inside the truck.

Offline Skyshadow

• Registered Users
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2012, 03:41:07 PM »
Got it, thanks. I'll hit up the S10 forum

Offline Skyshadow

• Registered Users
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2012, 11:28:08 AM »
No, Been working... having put any time in it lately

Offline DRIVINFST

« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2012, 08:57:59 PM »
Skyshadow - A little off topic at the moment, but what do you plan on doing about the CA smog nazi?  I too live in CA and am doing a 5.3 swap and am curious what other swappers are doing.  I'm thinking about trying to make all emissions function and going to the ref.