Author Topic: help on my rally rims please  (Read 4505 times)

Offline lilr69

help on my rally rims please
« on: May 12, 2011, 07:22:04 PM »
i know this is probably gonna sound stupid but can some body help me with how to measure the width of a rim? is it from the farthest outside points? I'm trying to figure out what size tires i want but i need to know how wide the rims are.
86 swb custom deluxe

Offline lilr69

help on my rally rims please 2
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 07:46:36 PM »
hey guys forgot to ask about suggestions on painting my rims I'm gonna go black but my question is can anyone give me any tips before painting them they are Grey/silver now but they have a lot of rust nothing major but lots and lots of little scratches that have rusted all over but not pitted really bad .should i strip the paint with commercial stripper , because sanding down in the tight spots is a b and i don't know what to do to stop the rust from bubbling back up in the seams after i paint .any help is greatly appreciated
86 swb custom deluxe

Offline beastie_3

• Josh
    • My truck pics
Re: help on my rally rims please
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 09:06:33 PM »
search the site, upper right hand corner.

Offline Grim 82

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 09:53:42 PM »
From the inside faces
Give a man a gun, and he might rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he might rob the world.

Offline Grim 82

Re: help on my rally rims please 2
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 09:55:25 PM »
I had mine sandblasted and powdercoated.
Give a man a gun, and he might rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he might rob the world.

Offline beastie_3

• Josh
    • My truck pics
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 09:59:10 PM »
Grim, you should throw that in the Tech section.

Offline lilr69

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 12:38:12 PM »
thanks grim for the info. I'm shopping around for tires and this helps a lot .as far as the sandblasting and powder coat i would love it but i don't think my budget would allow it my truck was wrecked when i got it and I'm just getting finished with replacing the fender door and front end i still have the cab to deal with right now but i got it straightened out enough to close the door( it had been hit in the cab and ran all the way down to the front pretty bad but no frame or major front end damage just body parts) i have located a cab that i can cut the corner out of and thats what I'm working on now just wanted to paint the rims shes about ready to test drive. just for laughs what did you have to spend to get them done if you don't mind my asking maybe i can try to work that in at some point.
86 swb custom deluxe

Offline Grim 82

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 01:08:58 PM »
It cost me a 1.75 of Crown Royal for my buddy to run them on the parts line where he works.

Offline lilr69

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 01:26:11 PM »
Buddy's, what would we do without em.
86 swb custom deluxe

Offline Cheyenne

• Registered Users
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 01:50:49 PM »
Nice info grim