Author Topic: Mirror installation problem  (Read 20353 times)

Offline wideboots

Re: Mirror installation problem
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2006, 06:29:00 AM »
Again, this site is a life saver.  Thanks to everyone for your input and help.  Think I have it now.

Nice truck "VileZambonie" and those are the correct mirrors.  

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2006, 07:15:00 AM »
You can reach up there and use fender washers and nuts too. I would sugest getting the factory inner brackets they make a much sturdier mirror. I can't remember off the top of my head what they are called but are a type of sqaush nut. They are made from rubber and have a brass nut formed right into them. When you tighten the bolt down it draws the nut up intothe rubber, hench spreading it out in the hole. I like these better becuase they don't rust, they seal the hole better, and a year or two down the road they come undone unlike the metal ones which sometimes spin in the door.

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

Offline 123 pugsy

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2006, 03:43:00 PM »
I've had the rubber/brass ones split the rubber from the constant opening and closing of the doors.Also,I have not seen any aftermarket mirrors like these fit without a gap at the center on both sides.I was lucky and got one OEM with my truck and it fit like a glove.The other side, I picked from 2 aftermarket mirrors.One had a big gap,the other not so bad.

Pugsy
76 C10 LWB
TPI 350

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2006, 07:09:00 AM »
Have never had the spliting problem myself, but that dosn't mean it don't happen.

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs