Author Topic: nick name for your truck  (Read 48500 times)

Offline mugs29

nick name for your truck
« on: March 10, 2009, 01:29:00 PM »
I know its random, but I was wondering if anyone has a nick name for your truck and the story behind the naming of it.

Offline frogman68

Re: nick name for your truck
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 02:12:25 PM »
My 76 C3500 is called The Beast

Story behind it

Was taking a retaining wall out at the house. Found out it was 18 inches of 5000 psi cement not block :( after about two hours with a jack hammer and making no progress. My neighbor came out and said use some TNT it was a residential area I said I rather hit it with the truck and a light went off :) . Lined the bumper bolts up square to the wall  and started "tapping it" (mind you I had 4300 lbs of cement already in the back from the sidewalk and slab part of the wall) well it was not going good so I backed up a little more each time finally I was far enough back to get it into third (SM465 wasnt using granny gear) I hit the wall at around 25 to 30 mph the wall shattered lol needless to say the load in the back came forward shattering the rear glass and giving me a shower of cement and glass and almost taking the house out with it. Backed her up looked at the front the bumper was a little pushed in but no frame damage and the wall was out :)

Offline kfoz

• Registered Users
  • ALWAYS BUILD WITH BRICK & STONE ! ! !
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 02:22:47 PM »
My neighbor calls mine the MEXI-TRUCK.  It's not blue, not a low rider, and the wheels don't stick out 2 feet! Mine is the original Colonial yellow with the cream inset.

kfoz (kfoz@comcast.net)
'73 C20 4 Speed 2WD

Offline mugs29

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 02:41:48 PM »
ahhh frogman that is an awesome story, My brother named my first truck (79 gmc sierra  3/4 ton) Leaky Lucy. She leaked oil from the rear main, coolant from an unknown hole from the top of the rad and brake fluid from somewhere. Got it two years ago for a case of beer replaced the brake lines and rad but she still leaks from the rear main. Picking up an 81 Chevy 1/2 ton and my roommates already dubbed her Lucy 2.

Offline w_albright

• New Users
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 03:25:14 PM »
Thoroughly un-original, but my 1981 C10 is named Rusty.  ;D

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 04:22:54 PM »
My yellow truck was already named when I got it. Big Red. Needless to say it was red when I got it. So I still call it Big Red sometimes, lol.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

Offline JRConnieK10

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 04:25:02 PM »
Mine is pretty much just called "THE CHEVY" my wife and kids just call it that when they refer to her. Although we have several other cars and trucks at home most of which are GM. My wife's camaro is called "C.C.", my Infiniti is the "Q", my daughters Malibu is "Molly". Ok thats enough, I know we ain't right.
'85 K10 LWB 350/SM465
BUILT NOT BOUGHT

Offline 4x4orbust

• Frequent Member
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 04:28:52 PM »
call the 82 "the plow truck"   cause, well, that's what it does.   my 73 i call pepere, cause that's who i inherited it from, still think of him every time i see that truck...
1982 chevy K-10 SWB, 355 th350/np208. 2.5"lift, 33" swampers, headers/duals,  current project

Offline oldwhity

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 04:49:18 PM »
uh...oldwhity because well, it's old(oldest vehicle we own) and it's white.
Rob G.
81 Chevy K20 4x4 LWB stepside
I enjoy long quiet walks..........in a junkyard!

Offline hotrod24

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 04:59:15 PM »
mine was called Gracie after my great grand mother because she has been my garding angle through while i was sick i named her that the first day i got her i looked back and i said thats it gracie and she would keep me and the truck safe but i have to say that it never got on the road besides trying to get it inspected so i said this is not working out so i started tearing her down but she has keep me safe through it all and i am sure she will keep me safe when complete.
1980 1/2 ton shortbed project...
1978 pontiac grand prix...

Offline Lt.Del

• Andy aka:SgtDel
  • DelbridgePhotography.com
    • www.delbridge.net
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 05:10:43 PM »
Well now, the names change on my two trucks.  It depends on whether they're running good or not.  When they're acting up, well I have to call'em "Sombetches".

Actually, those two puppies run great most of the time.  I call my Blue 91 Sub the BluBurb.  I call my green 79 Big10 383 stroker the Green Monster.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 09:52:19 PM by Captkaos »

Offline 69byrd

• Haulin!
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2009, 05:16:32 PM »
I call mine Frank because it was my uncles and that was his name.
84 C-10 Stepside       
54 Chevy Truck
Gotta Love Those Stepsides!
http://s493.photobucket.com/albums/rr299/69byrd/?start=all

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2009, 05:22:11 PM »
The 73 Stepside 454/5speed truck is "Su" short for Suicidal Tendencies.  It goes back to when I was 19 and was talking to a friend of mine with his mom overhearing him say I am going to raise this Jeep way up in the Air so I can run over other vehicles and I jokingly said I am going to drop mine low enough to go under them.  His mom responded "You two have suicidal tendencies".

The website truck 1987 R10 6.0L/4L80E with 2 turbos is "Skippy".  reason was my wife drove my brothers truck one day to pick up some food.  It had a 5.3L with a turbo on it making 450hp/600lb/ft.  When she came back she told us something was wrong with his truck because it was skipping.  My first thought was great, she just trashed his truck.  When I dug deeper to find out what it mean she said when she got to the end of our road and turned left she stomped the gas and it started "skipping" sideways.  When I told her the 87 should be making about 750hp she asked if it would do what his truck would.  When I said yes she said we should call it Skippy.

90 Suburban doesn't have an official "name" but I sometimes call it the Mo'hannasBurb.  The work Mo-hanna is a Hawaian word pronounce ma'hanna (we went to Hawaiii to get married and when we came back I was stringing words together to be funny.  I sometimes call my wife puppy, so the whole string is Pupples-Mohannasburg-lettuce-chicken-eater-smurf.  Mohannas-burg came from iceberg lettuce and then it got changed from burg to burb.  All in the same story my daughters name is Elizabeth Hanna, but I call her Mo'hanna and it is "her" burb.

Offline eventhorizon66

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2009, 08:46:04 PM »
It won't let me type my trucks name...lol

LOL, Mine too!  Let's just say James Dean had a very similar name for the Porsche that he died in.
'85 C10 SWB 350 700R4 TKO600

Offline HeAvYChEvY!

• DoWnWiTdAsIcKnEsS!
    • HeAvYChEvY!
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2009, 09:06:46 PM »
DoWnWiTdAsIcKnEsS!         Because to do, what we do, when we build our toys! It must be some type of sickness! Plus i love that song from Disturbed!