Author Topic: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY  (Read 20468 times)

Offline bake74

• Build Thread
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
« on: April 01, 2011, 10:04:57 PM »
     Ok I want this to be as friendly a post as possible **use spell check people**.  I am by no means the best speller, in fact my worst class in school was english, but come on, when you type you get a red squiggly line under the word almost always if it is not spelled correctly.
     It is really hard to get the meaning sometimes of the person posting when I have to guess what word they are trying to put in the sentence.  Spell check is a great tool and it is 2 buttons to the right of the post button.  My eyes will thank you and my brain will have to not guess at what I am suppose to be reading.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 10:10:22 PM by bake74 »
#1: The easiest and most obvious solution to any problem is 99% of the time correct.
#2: There is no such thing as impossible, it just takes longer.
  74 k10, 77k10    Tom

Offline royo

Re: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 10:22:07 PM »
ok then. Sorry guys if i hurt someones feelings  .  It was all in fun
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 12:51:56 PM by royo »

Offline beastie_3

• Josh
    • My truck pics
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 11:44:06 PM »
Poor baby

Bake has a point, you dont.

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 01:54:29 AM »
X2 on bake74s post, and an attempt at correct punctuation would be a nice touch too.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

Offline bobcooter

• 1979 Scottsdale C-20
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 07:20:58 AM »
The rellay stargne thing abuot spellgin is that if all the ltteres that make up a wrod are in the wrod, you can atcually reda it farily easily. Wierd...
'79 C-20, 350/400, 3:73 gears, 9 leafs and a headache rack
Favorite Quote, "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from poor judgement."

Offline 1979C20

• Kyle Taulton.
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 12:22:29 PM »
Yeah, but its still ugly to look at. And most people leave like 60% of the letter out of a paragraph. Mostly because general society has gotten lazy beyond belief. 10 years ago as a kid, if you wanted to know if your friend was home you had to walk to their house and knock on the door. Now, you use your thumbs to type a message while sitting in a recliner eating chips. I dont even use a computer anymore unless I have to print something or post pictures, I use my phone.
1979 SCLB C20 Q-jet 350 SM465 14b F.F. 4.10 G80
1989 GMC Suburban V2500 TBI350 TH400 4in lift 35's 14b SF

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 02:10:24 PM »
I have slowed WAY down on responding to posts because I don't have the time to sit there and try to figure out what the point, question, statement etc is. This is elementary school stuff here people. Put a little effort into it or why should anyone else?
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline bobcooter

• 1979 Scottsdale C-20
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2011, 10:26:13 PM »
Seriously, you guys are right. I have been noticing that people's spelling has gotten worse and worse lately. Not just here but everywhere you look. It's called the "Dumbing Down" of America. Sad.
'79 C-20, 350/400, 3:73 gears, 9 leafs and a headache rack
Favorite Quote, "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from poor judgement."

Offline theaddictedchef

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 12:11:33 AM »
I realize this is an old post, but I had to chime in after reading it. 

I work in a kitchen with a bunch of younger people (and some old guys like myself).  I have noticed that there are a TON of people that have no idea how to spell, use punctuation, or type complete sentences.  I agree with what one of the replies said - typing with your thumbs from the recliner.  I have noticed that all this abbreviated text message jargon has carried over into everyday life.  Whn u typ lk ths n xpct ppl 2 no wht s goin on.........it really makes it hard.  Text message is a great tool, but not the forum to quit a job, break up with a girlfriend, and definitely not the place to learn how to spell.  We have lost the skill of face to face conversations and it is "dumbing down society".  That part I absolutely agree with!

Just my thoughts.....
The Journey IS the Reward......

Offline HAULIN IT

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 07:28:03 AM »
This is a real problem! Like others have mentioned, I've found myself reading something over & over trying to figure out what the person is trying to do, ask help with, ect. anymore I just read it & if I have to question myself...I simply move on. It's a shame, but that's the truth. It is happening WAY too much. I find it on other sites as well.
 I believe the start of the problem is these "smart" phones that finish the words for people after you type the first few letters...it thinks your trying to say the "common" word, not something related to a truck. Everybody is in a rush in life & can't be bothered with the spell check button or now that the "smart" phone has made the user "dumber" since they don't have to know how to spell...they can't spell. Lorne

« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 10:34:18 PM by Captkaos »

Offline Bitzer!

• Smiles per gallon
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2013, 03:10:08 PM »

If it's any consolation even the English struggle with English! Some struggle to say a complete sentence let alone write one.

The worst theme seems to be Twitter, in normal speak you hear people actually say  "hashtag lol"

1979 GMC CrewCab  C20 1t
454 750 Holley,TH350, 14bolt diff fully floating
Why aren't there 8 days in a week!
A K5 rolling shell *new addition*