Author Topic: 81 gmc c1500 lwb fitment questions! I have wheels * first post*  (Read 1800 times)

Offline Dfienone

• New Users
81 gmc c1500 lwb fitment questions! I have wheels * first post*
« on: January 19, 2020, 11:45:11 PM »
Hey guys bin lurking on the forum but first post.

I have an 81 gmc c1500 stock everything I got from my dad in the fall. I've the odd issue with it but overall I love it. Love the square shape smooth body lines etc. I plan on lowering the truck and putting wheels on it and you know making a project out of it as well all do.

A wrench got thrown my way when a set of wheels and tires became available from a friend real cheap ( like a couple hundred bucks

So in my house right now is a set of 4, 22x10 wheels with 285 45 22's mounted. Will these fit my truck? My family is decently well versed with c10s and the like and my brother seems to think they will rub with those tires but with a shorter sidewall I'd have room to still lower the truck a bit and not rub the inner fender.

Now I know this runs into a question of how low and backspace etc well the wheels didn't come with any info other than the tire size. I found out they were 22x10 when they showed up and it was stamped on the back. From what I can measure the wheels have approx 7 inches of backspace! (This is me measuring from the back of the hub on the wheel to the edge of the rim) these wheels from what I can find online say they have a 40 offset so i know those are 2 different ways of saying the same-ish thing so I hope that helps somebody.

I have no jack or a garage at the moment to work on the truck as I live in toronto and its hella expensive for that kinda luxury. So I have no way of bolting them on to test fit and turn it rack to rack and see if anything rubs and where. It also snowed a foot and is freezing outside so I'm stuck.

Sorry for all the explanation I tried to be as descriptive as I can. I'm not opposed to buying wheel spacers or anything I just wanna hear from you all!!!

Offline Dfienone

• New Users
Re: 81 gmc c1500 lwb fitment questions! I have wheels * first post*
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2020, 11:59:41 PM »
Sorry I forgot a bunch of specs:

My ideal drop would be 5/7 but I'd take a 4/6 if that's my max
My wheels are 22x10 supposed 40 offset unsure if that's positive or negative
Tires that are on the wheels are 285 45 22 and will be replaced with smaller narrower tires for the drop. Probably a 265 30 22