Author Topic: Any difference between 'Burban core supports?  (Read 2282 times)

Offline 82ChebySWB

Any difference between 'Burban core supports?
« on: March 13, 2009, 05:53:42 AM »
Good morning, I have a '90 or so model Suburban front end on my truck and I have a question. Is there a difference in the core support between the GMC and Chevy core supports?

My reason for asking is my Chevy Suburban grille seems to be missing a mounting point at the lower center portion of the grille. Could this perhaps be a GMC core support? I know both actual grilles are different....so this is what got me to thinking that perhaps I might have a GMC core support.

Anyone have any experience with this???
Brian

'82 Chevy Silverado AKA Project "Cheby"

Offline HAULIN IT

Re: Any difference between 'Burban core supports?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 11:26:43 AM »
GM shows Three part numbers for the rad. support '89-'91. The Chevy & GMC are the same, the difference is in the headlamps (2-4 headlamp). To my knowledge, there are really only those Two, the third is most likely a minor difference (a hole or Two for a wiring clip/cooler, ect.). So your problem is likely just a bracket missing or broken. Hope this helps, Lorne

Offline 82ChebySWB

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 11:50:23 AM »
Lorne, mine is the 4 headlight model...... but all of the bracketry looks to be 100% present.

Brian

'82 Chevy Silverado AKA Project "Cheby"

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 03:31:41 PM »
What is the problem?  GMC and Chevy trucsk are the same except for the actual grille and surround.  the core support is the same.