Author Topic: Dual Tanks to 1??  (Read 1608 times)

Offline LongBox85

Dual Tanks to 1??
« on: April 08, 2019, 09:36:19 PM »
So I've got the dual 20 tanks in my '85 K20... I recently got a box off of a M1008 CUCV that only has the filler for 1 tank... So is there some sort of connection system that I can keep the 20s and just have to fill the one filler and a fuel line between the tanks to fill both at once?? Kind of a mouthful I know but I don't quite know how to go at this. I don't want to put a rear in-between the frame, and since my truck is really thirsty I wanna keep both tanks if possible. Thanks!
Radio? Who needs a Radio? -- Lloyd Christmas.

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
Re: Dual Tanks to 1??
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 01:17:26 AM »
theres no setup that you can buy. but you can custom make something, some have put something like a drain valve on the bottom of the tanks so they lever each out. but that can be dangerous and you could snag it on something. you could plumb a fuel pump into one tank to pull it from the other.
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline LongBox85

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 06:40:28 AM »
Thanks Irish_Alley. I was thinking about something like that, I just didn't know if anyone has tried it yet.
Radio? Who needs a Radio? -- Lloyd Christmas.

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 11:22:51 AM »
there was one guy on here that put a bunch of money into his cummins swap crew cab, he even made a roll cage for it. it plumbed in the line under the tank and this was years ago. dont know how he ever made out and you dont see him on here much. name was eric something, ill see if i can find out any information

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 11:56:19 AM »
http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/index.php?action=profile;u=11746 is the profile. but maybe im mistaking that it was him, did a search on post by him and cant find it, starting to think it wasnt him. but im pretty sure it was a white lifted crew cab