Author Topic: Bucket Seats  (Read 45854 times)

Offline jonkmbll89

• Registered Users
  • 85 Chevy Silverado C10 swb 5.7/350
Re: Bucket Seats
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2008, 09:12:11 PM »
Looks good Kenny. ;D
GET IN, SIT DOWN, SHUTUP, AND HANG ON

Offline 78 Chevyrado

• Z62 ON-ROAD
    • My Photobucket Site
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2008, 11:51:57 PM »
Sorry it took so long to reply....  school started back up.   

How I mounted the buckets....
I got the seats/console out of a 91 suburban.  The Front part of the floorpan where the front seat bolts go is the same.  The outer/front mounting holes are the same.  The outer, rear mounting holes barely lined up. I kept the inner front bracket from the suburban.  I took a cold chisel and cut out the floor of the burban around the front-inner brackets so I could seperate it at home without damaging the spot-welded bracket.  Got it home and ground the sheetmetal floor off the brackets and painted them.  One difference between a suburban and a pickup is the angle of the rear bolt-holes on the tracks in the seats.  The Pickup seat brackets curve up in the back to match the floorpan, whilst the burban seat tracks curve down.  I had the seats and nothing to loose, so I took the seat tracks off one at a time and put em in a vise and applied a hammer until they went from being curved down to being curved up.  It takes some fitting, but it worked, the rear-outer bolt hole just barely lined up.  then to figure for the inner-front mount, you loosely hang it in the seat where it goes and bolt the seat down using only the outer-front/rear bolts to hold it where it needs to go, the line up the loose inner bracket and lay across the seat (the pressure will hold the bracket still) and drill the new holes through the bracket directly into the floorpan.  There are 3 "feet" on the bracket for bolts so I put one in the middle, and 2 smaller ones in the side "feet".  Then Bolt that down and you can figure out where the hole goes for the inner-rear bolt, pretty easy. then drill it out and install the bolt.   The seats will be tilted forward with the burban tracks, so I made a spacer to go between the seat and the seat track in the front only, to tip the seat back.  Some people told me that's not safe, but I did it in my old truck and I wrecked the heck outa it and the seat never moved, so I think it'll be ok.  The Console fits the truck floorpan cuz its the same from pickup to suburban (at least right there).  I just centered it up and bolted er down.  My truck is a 78 model and it had dimples in the floor that lined up with where I ended up putting the console.  All but one dimple lined up.  So don't go by the dimples (if theyre there) center it up yourself.  Blazer seats might work better though, cuz the burban seats don't have a latch to lean the seatback forward.  they only have the recline adjustment (since nobody exits the back of a burban through the front)  The blazer seats would be a little more convenient, but my burban seats have fold down armrests...lol

Kenny
Kenny

1978 C-20, 350/400, 3.73, Graystone Metallic, Raceline Renegade 8 Wheels - 18x8.5, 275/70R18 BFG KO's

Offline DrPepper1010

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2008, 12:33:30 PM »
BigBlock 73, Where did your buckets come from? They really look nice.

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2008, 02:37:28 PM »
DrPepper1010, are you talking about the red(maroon) ones?  If so those are 78 Chevyrado's.