Author Topic: Best online parts store  (Read 1448 times)

Offline silverchev08@gmail.com

• GMC K20
Best online parts store
« on: June 02, 2019, 09:30:38 AM »
I have purchased from many online parts stores with some parts being better than others. Looking for some recommendations on the best parts websites....... ? Rockauto? Classic truck parts? I'm doing some gauge work soon and want quality parts.

85 gmc K20

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
Re: Best online parts store
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 09:46:57 AM »
 ::)   This is like walking into The Home Depot and asking which is the best store to buy hardware.

Click on Storefront.

Captkoas (Chris, the Forum and Store owner) only sells those items that he would and has used on his own vehicles.  Email him with any questions: webmaster@73-87chevytrucks.com.
Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 11:48:36 AM »
something to look at is the return policy of these online stores. i can understand you have to pay shipping if you ordered the wrong part, but a manufactures defect should be free shipping back and the new part should be shipped to you for free. i can say i dont have experience with with other ones but i know rockauto sucks in this department. theyre a third party, i ordered a catalytic converter and the O2 bung was in the wrong location. it was the right part just assembled wrong, they wanted me to pay shipping all around then after i complained they offered to pay shipping one way then they stopped talking to me after a month or two i gave up.
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline JohnnyPopper

• Old Goof
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 03:06:44 PM »
Heads up on RockAuto!

Famous for splitting your order to ship from multi location- More Freight Charges!

Especially curious when they are all 'suspension' parts,

AND- wait for it- When you select items from the same depot, OOPS, it changes by magic to another depot! Cha Ching!!!
1957 Apache 3100 235 Inline 6, 3 on the tree
1973 C-20, 3+3 454 4BBL TH400  Water Injection
1978 K-10, 350 4BBL TH350 NP203 M.M. Part time Kit/Hubs
1980 C-10 under construction

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2019, 06:21:40 PM »
also check on the warranty
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes