Author Topic: Old 83 K20 Silverado Needing new insides!  (Read 2805 times)

Offline frodin1

Old 83 K20 Silverado Needing new insides!
« on: January 28, 2011, 11:22:14 PM »
I just bought this K20 and I'm looking to install a later model seat into it. I was hoping that someone could suggest a particular model, or year that may work better for my application? I read somewhere that the Tahoe Seats fit good, but I can't remember where I saw it. I was looking for the newer double bucket style with the fold down console in the middle. If anyone could help me out please let me know, as I'd rather not be drilling and modifying stuff If I don't have to. Thanks for your help.

Offline slammed79

• Thou shalt not drive stock
Re: Old 83 K20 Silverado Needing new insides!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 11:52:30 PM »
If I remember right Tahoe seats sit a lil high without custom brackets. I believe late model Dodge bench seats are a direct bolt in.
74 C10 Long bed 350/SM465 Lowered on 20's

Praise the lowered

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 02:56:31 PM »
Do you want buckets or bench or what
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline bake74

• Build Thread
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 05:00:57 PM »
     I think he looking for what one of my trucks at work has, an 02 f250 diesel.  It has 2 buckets seats with the middle console can either be up to form a bench seat, or down and has a storage compartment built into it.
#1: The easiest and most obvious solution to any problem is 99% of the time correct.
#2: There is no such thing as impossible, it just takes longer.
  74 k10, 77k10    Tom

Offline frodin1

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 08:57:02 PM »
Yea, I was hoping to find a bench like that, but I'm open to buckets if they fit good. I just don't like some of the jobs I've seen in some friends vehicles. 2x4 blocks under the frame to get the correct height isn't ok with me. I just want it to sit correctly on the floor. Thanks for the help!