Author Topic: Overall 2wd suspension question  (Read 1553 times)

Offline Captain_confederate

Overall 2wd suspension question
« on: April 07, 2019, 07:58:12 PM »
For those of you with 600hp+ what kind of suspension do you have? Anybody with that kind of numbers running stock suspension? Front stock rear different? Are you changing to 4 link rear suspension? Front coilovers?

Looking to change suspension and want ideas. With a four link is cutting the frame mandatory? Will that lose strength in the frame? Looking to go lighter up front and stay at a decently low height but right parts.

Thanks in advance guys. Pictures would be awesome to see what people are doing!

Offline Stewart G Griffin

Re: Overall 2wd suspension question
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 11:19:13 PM »
i don't have anything near that kind of power, but just remember one thing:

Bill Jenkins got a 68 camaro to go under 10 secs (first stock car to do so i think?) in the 1/4 mile with a stock leaf spring suspension.  And, i think all he did was put some traction bars on the leafs.  (?)

Just something to think about.....

Offline Captain_confederate

Re: Overall 2wd suspension question
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 08:24:24 AM »
i don't have anything near that kind of power, but just remember one thing:

Bill Jenkins got a 68 camaro to go under 10 secs (first stock car to do so i think?) in the 1/4 mile with a stock leaf spring suspension.  And, i think all he did was put some traction bars on the leafs.  (?)

Just something to think about.....

That is interesting. I'll do some research and check him out. Just was curious if anybody didn't like the stock setup an went a different way. Why they went that way an what they didn't like with the stock setup