Author Topic: Gas tank brackets  (Read 1360 times)

Offline LongBox85

Gas tank brackets
« on: March 31, 2019, 09:49:44 PM »
So the gas tank brackets on my '85 K20 are rusted out. The straps are ok, but the brackets are shot. I've got the twin 20 tanks. The brackets seem outrageously expensive. Does anyone know where you can get them cheap? They seem to be 55-100 a piece online. I could try the junkyard but up here in MN rust is everywhere. Thanks.
Radio? Who needs a Radio? -- Lloyd Christmas.

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
Re: Gas tank brackets
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 10:15:51 AM »
i found mine on a local facebook page for square bodies
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline LongBox85

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 12:47:33 PM »
Irish_Alley, Yeah I thouht about that. Craigslist would be fine too I guess. Has anyone tried making their own I wonder?? I mean its a pretty simple bracket. Has anybody fabbed them up? Thanks!

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 03:30:43 PM »
if you wanted to fab it up i guess you could. but my best buddy has a fab shop that i helped him start up and i nor he ever thought of doing them ourselves. dont think its because of how complicated they're but more of you still have to get the straps or something to serve as straps and the stamped steal would be much stronger than just bending metal without adding some sort of support
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline LongBox85

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2019, 03:44:53 PM »
Yeah, I guess so. I guess it just pains me to pay so much for parts like that :-[. Guess I shouldn't have chose to do a frame-off on such a small budget. ;D hahaha.