73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Blazers/Jimmys

86 blazer with 6.2 and 3 speed auto

<< < (2/3) > >>

82silverado:
As far as the transmission goes, that is a rock solid unit. The 6.2 is not desirable to me. That is why I dropped in a BB in the 82 I own thatcame with a 6.2. But if I was only going to use it for plowing, Then Vile Zombie hit the nail on the head.

DanMcG:
thanks for the opinions guys, I appreciate it..
 I'l see how bad the body is and go from there. The truck was a local municipality vehicle with only 38,000 miles on it.
Does the 6.2 offer any benefits for a work truck over the 350, I notice it lists only has about 140 horses but I'm not sure if that matters for comparing power/torque.

1967KaiserM715:
The 6.2/5 platform is geared for economy not power, so they are slow, and while they can get a load moving, going up inclines slow them considerably.

If it was a municipality truck, it is very likely the military M1009. 10 bolts front and rear, rear has locker. 3.08 gearing.

I like the 6.x platform, but it's not for everyone.

Edit:military Blazers were exempt from emissions, so it would be a J-Code, probably rated closer to 165 horses; just a little FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanMcG:
thanks for the info 1967KaiserM715

Captkaos:
If it makes a difference the 350 in those years were no more than 165hp..  So....
The Diesel you can get 20mpg out of, where the gas you cannot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version