73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Members Rides

81 K10 Build

(1/66) > >>

Mike81K10:
I am a recent member that has been reading posts for awhile prior to registration. I have an 81 K10 that I bought in Colorado back in 86. My fuel system got contaminated with rust that accumulated in my fuel tanks and I found my filler necks were not in good condition as well. I removed my bed, drained the duel 16 gallon fuel tanks, and removed them. Unexpectedly, I started stripping the frame and kept removing parts. The restoration began. The fuel system and brake system has been overhauled with mostly new parts to include new stainless fuel and brake lines. In the past, I paid for others to do some work on my truck and have noticed problems from doing so. So far all the work has been done by myself and I bought and learned how to weld to weld in patch panels that I have fabricated. The project started about a year ago. I get together some photos and post them shortly.

Mike81K10:
Although my truck looks OK, it has a few issues that made me decide to restore/build. Water leaked into the cab from rust out in the cowl area in addition to the fuel system being rusted as you will see from the photos. The cowl has been repaired by cutting out the rust area(s) and welding in patch panels. My frame was not in bad shape, however, I cleaned, sanded, metal prepped, and costed the frame with KBS Rust Seal and Chassis Topcoat.

Mike81K10:
Try these other pic again!

Mike81K10:
These other two pics did not go through last try!

Attached a pic of my new stainless steel fuel lines (these are the crossover) also have the Stainless steel brake lines. Also my new fuel sending units.

Mike81K10:
A picture of my cowl - rusted

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version