73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Members Rides

1975 K20 Scottsdale - I have no end game in mind ...

(1/2) > >>

PJPVI:
So I acquired this 1975 K20 free (free things always end up costing the most).  It's turned into a project to mess with when I don't have any meaningful projects that have to get done.

When I acquired it the previous - previous owner had started a 52" front spring swap with a heavy duty Dana 44 he got from a friend.  It was a disaster.  He claimed matching gears front and rear of which neither were what he said they were and they were both different.  I ended up buying an inexpensive 10-bolt front axle with 4:10's (to match the rear) but unfortunately what was supposed to be an open front diff was welded which I didn't want.  So dropped in an ebay limited slip and new gears and have the axle installed.

Engine started after sitting for I'm guessing around 4 years.  Pretty rough but enough to move it over to my side of the work shed.  Engine now barely runs so I'll just pull it when I have time and do a refresh.  I'm actually guessing the gas is bad but there are so many obvious items needing attention I might as well pull it.  That's where it sits now and who knows when I free up to dive into it further.  I'll post up whenever there is anything worth posting.  Lots of nice projects on this site!

VileZambonie:
Free is an incredible price  8)

frotosride:
Free is my favorite....that's how I became the owner of 4 squares.

Shifty:
Rompin' stompin' Mickey Thompson!  8)

JohnnyPopper:
Wow what a mess! But Free is good...

I thought 'well the windshield is at least good' in the first pic-not so in the second.

I would look real close for more rust in the 'heck holes' areas before committing to a full on 'project' redo...just saying  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version